Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh ss

smallsz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
All these recent posts of VH SS's has inspired me to take some more pics of mine this w'end - after a slight paint touch up.

Only gets out on w'ends and turns a few heads.

Had to delete a few pics from this thread unfort.

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 337
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 300
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 725
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 336

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
awesome looks so clean and straight. i love the old school bridgestones my mister has them on his torrie. a polish makes all the difference sometimes.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
that's fairly much how I first bought my SS.
It was a 4.2 though with the twin system. Mine also had the original cheviot wheels and I've got the owners manual too.

Looks really good mate, good to find a 5L version. I'm surprised you could get the rust spots to come off so well. I would have thought they were coming through from under the paint, but it appears you have managed to get the majority of them off.

Hang onto it, I certainly have no plans on parting ways with mine.

smallsz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Ha yeah lowering a tad is certainly on my mind, my bike, garage door for the house and the like are funneling my $$ in other directions tho.

Yeah the Bridgie Eagers are good for it. Dont know how much longer they'll be around tho, especially 14's. They certainly dont look like 235's from behind.

I was surprised the spots came off too. Thought it woulda needed a full on repaint but it came up surprisingly well. I want to hang onto it. A bit of me tells me to get rid of it while everythings good before it turns into a money pit..

Thanks guys

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
Ha yeah lowering a tad is certainly on my mind, my bike, garage door for the house and the like are funneling my $$ in other directions tho.

Yeah the Bridgie Eagers are good for it. Dont know how much longer they'll be around tho, especially 14's. They certainly dont look like 235's from behind.

I was surprised the spots came off too. Thought it woulda needed a full on repaint but it came up surprisingly well. I want to hang onto it. A bit of me tells me to get rid of it while everythings good before it turns into a money pit..

Thanks guys

noooo id hang on to it. 235/14 she...i...t i have 225/15 rear 175/15 front. good luck with it all, my mister has 2 torries. ones a daily drive (at the mo while mine is getting fixed) the other is a rolling shell he will never sell them. if the bodies good why sell.

murphy_51

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
Would post more pics but wont let me. Two new headlights and indicators as the originals were rusted out. Still to repaint black trim around windows, fix the rust spot, replace original suspension, maybe exhaust and headers but its already got a good heavy note.

Windows have dried watermarks on them from over the years which doesnt come off through washing. Giving them a rub with the cutting compound gets rid of them, and doesnt scatch. Hard work tho. Maybe when my sore fingers go away.

Enjoy.
try viniger

murphy_51

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
worth bucks now and rear as , keep it stock and its money in the bank
doing a great job

smallsz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Ok, i'll give vinegar a crack. Anythings gotta be easier than cutting compund.

Thanks