Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vibration at 80km/h

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Mine has a problem where at 70-110km+ even, I have a harsh vibration/grinding sound, everyone pointing at the TC but that is a 3k rebuild and I just dropped close to 3K on the sub frame getting new urethane bushes. I received today a new vehicle speed sensor (have had the P0500 code pop its head a few times. So I will replace that in hopes that that may be the cause. I haven't done the centre bearings or couplings, have had the car on the hoist a few times and had different mechanics tell me that they are fine, so since they weren't trying to steal my money for it, I take there word for it. Will still be replacing in the near future for peace of mind.

It is a very frustrating problem considering half my trip to work is hovering over those speeds. I found that sports mode does help the revs a bit, not letting it drop too low and starting the vibration, but can still happen easily enough.

EDIT: If I put the foot down and drop down to 3rd, 2nd, it stops the vibration and goes