Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I'll try to make this simple for you:

1. I do not agree with most of what you've said.

2. I wasn't putting my opinion forward as factual evidence. Please try and understand what that means, it's not difficult if you try.

3. The distinction between being proven innocent, and not proven guilty goes beyond simple lexical semanticism. There is a fundamental difference in meaning there.

Example; you see me doing 100km/h through a 40km/h school zone. You can clearly tell I was speeding, nobody would mistake a car doing 60km/h over the limit right? You get my rego and tell the police, they take me to court and you go before the magistrate and say "I saw Danja speeding, he looked like he was doing about 100km/h", then I get up and say "I was doing 40km/h, Kuzman is mistaken, I saw him stumbling around the street, I think he was drunk". There are no other witnesses. The magistrate scratches his head and says "There is insufficient evidence to prove Danja was speeding, case dismissed". Thusly I am not found guilty, but none the less I was speeding, I am guilty, it just wasn't proven.

Do you see the difference yet?

Mate I know what you mean, despite doing it or not, the courts found him innocent. End of story.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Hmmm, nah, i'd rather bitch and complain about the 50 billionth P plater sooking about the new hoon laws thanks buddy.

So your complaining about people complaining, and won't take your own advice??

:hit:

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
He is trying to say that you can drink drive, and not loose your car, whilst with hooning you can, yet drink driving is alot more dangerous.

That is something that is coming. There is something on the way which will enable impoundments for drink driving offences. It's a great idea which will hit them where it hurts.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I haven't been a P plater since 1977 and I'm bitching. They're stupid laws.

I'm complaining and haven't had a ticket or an accident in 25 years.

And bitching on an internet forum is going to do what..........? Well, i GUESS Simon Overland etc will see this EVENTUALLY and think "you know what, these guys are right, let's change these laws NOW".

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
That is something that is coming. There is something on the way which will enable impoundments for drink driving offences. It's a great idea which will hit them where it hurts.

About bloody time! Don't suppose you know if that will trickle through to NSW any time soon?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
And bitching on an internet forum is going to do what..........? Well, i GUESS Simon Overland etc will see this EVENTUALLY and think "you know what, these guys are right, let's change these laws NOW".

Then stop your bitching! :beer chug:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
About bloody time! Don't suppose you know if that will trickle through to NSW any time soon?

Makes a hell of a lot more sense that some of the things classed as hooning that's for sure. Not to mention that a breathalyser is pretty good evidence! Unlike hearing a tyre chirp or see a car step out in the wet where there is no evidence of intent.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I haven't been a P plater since 1977 and I'm bitching. They're stupid laws.

I'm complaining and haven't had a ticket or an accident in 25 years.

Stupid unfair laws that will not change anything and give the police the power to be judge, jury and executioner not to mention guilty until you prove your innocence _if_ you have the money to do it. Sorry I don't trust police with that kind of power.

In the last few bad accidents the drivers weren't even supposed to be on the road. They'll do it anyway.

Cannot agree more.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i drive around in a late model commodore and i'm 22, on my full license- even on my p's i had NO problem, because i drove a cheap, STOCK AS A ROCK car.

you bring the attention to yourselves, i see them all- the white VL/VN, p plates on the windows- with massive 19 inch rims, lowered to the floor- loud cannon, AND a doof doof sound system... gee.... i wonder why the cops are looking at you!

play it safe on your p's, until you get ur full license- then u can prove to the cops that ur a safe driver- i've been driving for 7 years now, and i havnt copped a SINGLE fine, any copper would look at my rego plate and see a clean slate and leave me be. :beer chug:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
any copper would look at my rego plate and see a clean slate and leave me be. :beer chug:

I got pulled today, HP car going the other way in almost peak hour traffic in Lismore going shopping with the wife and youngest son in the car. I looked as he went passed and saw the look he was giving my car. I don't have P's, I'm 50 and he must have put on his lights to do the U turn he did as he'd never have managed getting across the traffic otherwise.

I was already around the corner and probably over 400m up the road when he came hooting through the roundabout after me. I knew he was after me from the look I got and even mentioned it to my wife as he went passed. Something like "you should have seen that copper checking us out!" Anyway as soon as I saw the lights flashing turning left at the roundabout I pulled over even though he was 400m or more away as I knew he had pegged my car for some reason.

Moral of the long story? They won't necessarily leave you alone 'cause you have "clean slate" after looking at your plates.

No dramas though, still no tickets in at least 25 years, RBTed me and we went on our ways. Did seem a little strange picking me out of all the cars on the road and going the other way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.