Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrueltyNTheBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack Supercharged
And bitching on an internet forum is going to do what..........? Well, i GUESS Simon Overland etc will see this EVENTUALLY and think "you know what, these guys are right, let's change these laws NOW".

It's always good to see other people opinions on a topic, in some cases it can persuade a person to change views. This is a public forum where freedom of speech is only guided by the forums TOS, not what you think.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
That is something that is coming. There is something on the way which will enable impoundments for drink driving offences. It's a great idea which will hit them where it hurts.

like to see that work wont stop repeat drink drivers from jumping in another car and driving drunk again . just another band aid fix with no real impact , my pet hate of drink drivers who smash their car into someone else and leave the scene and no charges ever laid ...even with witness to the accident

Lady Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
like to see that work wont stop repeat drink drivers from jumping in another car and driving drunk again . just another band aid fix with no real impact , my pet hate of drink drivers who smash their car into someone else and leave the scene and no charges ever laid ...even with witness to the accident

I most definitely AGREE. Never heard someone so spot on so far through this thread! :)

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
I got pulled today, HP car going the other way in almost peak hour traffic in Lismore going shopping with the wife and youngest son in the car. I looked as he went passed and saw the look he was giving my car. I don't have P's, I'm 50 and he must have put on his lights to do the U turn he did as he'd never have managed getting across the traffic otherwise.

I was already around the corner and probably over 400m up the road when he came hooting through the roundabout after me. I knew he was after me from the look I got and even mentioned it to my wife as he went passed. Something like "you should have seen that copper checking us out!" Anyway as soon as I saw the lights flashing turning left at the roundabout I pulled over even though he was 400m or more away as I knew he had pegged my car for some reason.

Moral of the long story? They won't necessarily leave you alone 'cause you have "clean slate" after looking at your plates.

No dramas though, still no tickets in at least 25 years, RBTed me and we went on our ways. Did seem a little strange picking me out of all the cars on the road and going the other way too.

Have you considered that perhaps a car like yours could have been reported for doing something stupid and he just checked you out to be sure? That's doing his job if that's the case and I don't have a problem with that. In the end you didn't do anything wrong and you didn't get fined or your car impounded in fact he let you go, where as all I have heard is how they will take your car for no reason and yet this didn't happen to you. Also the way you looked at him could have misinterpreted as looking guilty for something and again if that's the case then it's his job to investigate. There could be a number of reasons why you got pulled over but in the end you were cleared so what's the problem? I have no doubt there are arsehole cops that just pull you over for no reason but have a chat to a cop and find out how many people give them crap everyday and you might understand why some cops have zero tolerance for other people. I'm not saying it's right but while there are morons on the road with no respect for anyone else then laws will get tougher and harsher.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Have you considered that perhaps a car like yours could have been reported for doing something stupid and he just checked you out to be sure? That's doing his job if that's the case and I don't have a problem with that. In the end you didn't do anything wrong and you didn't get fined or your car impounded in fact he let you go, where as all I have heard is how they will take your car for no reason and yet this didn't happen to you. Also the way you looked at him could have misinterpreted as looking guilty for something and again if that's the case then it's his job to investigate. There could be a number of reasons why you got pulled over but in the end you were cleared so what's the problem? I have no doubt there are arsehole cops that just pull you over for no reason but have a chat to a cop and find out how many people give them crap everyday and you might understand why some cops have zero tolerance for other people. I'm not saying it's right but while there are morons on the road with no respect for anyone else then laws will get tougher and harsher.

No point making maybe's for him. I'm not complaining about what he did. My story had _nothing_ to do with hooning, it was as you'd see if you read, a response to someone believing that they'll never come after you if they check the license and see you're "clean." I never said there was a problem. He was looking intently at me before I even looked at him as I glanced over to the right he was almost out the window looking.

I live here and there are no other cars like mine. There's one other VR blue genesis SS but it's beat up and doesn't have clubby kit or decent wheels. It's a heap.

No I don't understand that attitude you speak of in cops.. If cops can't handle the job then like everyone else that complains about their job... Go get another one. By that token nurses should be able to treat you like ****, inflict unnecessary pain on you etc because they have to put up with arseholes too all the time. My wife was a nurse, I've heard her stories. They also get physically abused, can be in fear of their lives but don't have cop powers to retaliate. They still do their job with manners and kindness. If cops can't, they're in the wrong job.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I drive around in a VY SS, cops don't look at me twice. It's great. I love it.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
No point making maybe's for him. I'm not complaining about what he did. My story had _nothing_ to do with hooning, it was as you'd see if you read, a response to someone believing that they'll never come after you if they check the license and see you're "clean." I never said there was a problem. He was looking intently at me before I even looked at him as I glanced over to the right he was almost out the window looking.

I live here and there are no other cars like mine. There's one other VR blue genesis SS but it's beat up and doesn't have clubby kit or decent wheels. It's a heap.

No I don't understand that attitude you speak of in cops.. If cops can't handle the job then like everyone else that complains about their job... Go get another one. By that token nurses should be able to treat you like ****, inflict unnecessary pain on you etc because they have to put up with arseholes too all the time. My wife was a nurse, I've heard her stories. They also get physically abused, can be in fear of their lives but don't have cop powers to retaliate. They still do their job with manners and kindness. If cops can't, they're in the wrong job.

I work with RNs and careers and see the crap they take and I can tell you that even the best nurses will treat certain people differently, it doesn't have to be nasty it can be avoiding them, ignoring them, dealing quickly with them etc etc. Cops are no different. I know some cops and it's not that they don't enjoy their jobs but you try to take being abused daily for doing your job and no matter how patient of a person that you are you will start to get knarky with some people, I never said it was right by the way but you seemed to ignore that bit. I don't even bother looking at cops coming the other way on the road, what's the point? I couldn't care less what they are thinking of me or my car but if they want to do a random check on me then so be it I don't care.

Who was making maybe's? You made it sound like you were targeted from the moment you opened your car door and hoped inside and didn't even want to consider that there could have been a reason why you got pulled over other than the world being against you cause you drive a V8 commodore but like I said you did nothing wrong and nothing happened to you, unlike some of the other dribble on here about having your car impounded for having mags or something.

The laws the law and you break it then wear the punishment, if you don't break it then you got nothing to worry about.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I don't even bother looking at cops coming the other way on the road, what's the point? I couldn't care less what they are thinking of me or my car but if they want to do a random check on me then so be it I don't care.

Who was making maybe's? You made it sound like you were targeted from the moment you opened your car door and hoped inside and didn't even want to consider that there could have been a reason why you got pulled over other than the world being against you cause you drive a V8 commodore but like I said you did nothing wrong and nothing happened to you, unlike some of the other dribble on here about having your car impounded for having mags or something.

I was coming up to a roundabout, maybe 3 or 4 cars to go when he turned right onto the road I was on. I'm at a roundabout, of course I'm looking around! When I looked his way he was already hanging out of the car looking at me/my car..

I never said this had anything to do with hooning. Read my post again. I don't have a beef with it. It was simply to show that the poster I was responding to beliefs were wrong.

You made maybe's.. quote "Have you considered that perhaps a car like yours could have been reported for doing something stupid and he just checked you out to be sure?" See that's a maybe..

I didn't make it sound like being targeted, I didn't make it sound like anything but what it was. I explained quite clearly what happened. Reread what I have said and quote one instance that you could make that case form.

All I said was by the look he gave me when he came around the corner I knew when u turned and come my way it was for me, I pulled over when he was at least 400m behind me. I was proven right! That's it! Like I said if you would reread, I have no problem with what happened. Stop trying to make this something it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.