Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorians beware - Operation Pipedown is coming

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
no way, all they will get is told to go to the epa to get the bikes tested, then bam on go the standard pipes and they all pass.

ride home and swap the pipes back to the straight thru ones.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
no way, all they will get is told to go to the epa to get the bikes tested, then bam on go the standard pipes and they all pass.

ride home and swap the pipes back to the straight thru ones.

Actually I'm pretty sure Harleys specifically have an exception from the dB limit. Which is bullcrap, once had a Harley gun it from a lights I was waiting at, 400 metres down the street it was still louder than my car with aftermarket exhaust at full throttle.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
they have a normal limit like all other bikes i think, have you heard a harley with standard pipes? i heard one the other day and it was awesome, i could actually hear myself think.

i think it might be 90 or 94 db, depends what year it was made i guess..

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
what a croc of **** another useless waste of police time and effort to please the few and make polly's look like they care about the many

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
How is it pathetic? I think its great, it is bloody annoying trying to drive along with windows up, relaxed, listening to some brilliant classical music, only to have some deadhead falcon/commodore come past with their piece of crap droney pile of **** 6 cylinder that seems to be emitting a jet stream behind it.

About time these stupidly loud vehicles were cracked down on.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
haha classical music, nice.

they've been picking on younger drivers for a while now with all this undefined hoon business and do you really think they'll only get the "stupidly loud" ones? noo anyone on their ps in a v6 you'll get pulled over.

stupidly loud exhausts are annoying (I know i had one, got another muffler put on the other day sounds heaps better lol) but hardly cause for concern - hardly enough for an entire police team to target just us "hoons" what a joke.

when they announced that it was like "new team targeting HOONS./drink drivers..."

yes it is a problem. yes there are a lot of morons out there driving v6s and "tearing it up"
but somehow i think there are more important matters to deal with at the moment, like maybe all the boats caught entering australian waters of late, moving them to the mainland etc.

nah people are more interested in hoons.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Reminds me: when living in Queensland..I used to hear this often...."Victoria - If its 'the place to be' why the f..k are they all up here?" or "Victoria - 'on the move' to Queensland".

Mind you mr plod in Qld is just as bad as here in Vic if not worse.

Yep, Qld is a nice place to live as long as you don't have a nice flashy car....I got pinged the other day by Capalaba Police for doing 5k's over the limit.........it wasn't the speeding they wanted to ping me on it to see it my car was road legal which it is, I have a full time ex-HSV mech on staff who maintains it....when they could get me for anything they slapped a ticket for 55 in a 50 zone. so it does happen here!

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Another reason why Im looking to move on to Brisbane.

Just an easy target, like people say here. I'd think it would be safe to say that there are more unroadworthy and dangerous cars on the roads that the cops dont consider 'hoon' cars, because they're stock. But they cant/wont go at the speed limit.

As for the police enforcement, I do feel sorry for all of you's. I know its your job and you need to do as told by the fat-cats, but honestly, Im sure the millions of dollars that will be wasted on this pointless operation (2 weeks....and in 4 weeks time it will be business as usual on the roads) can be put to better use.
Like getting my money that was stolen back.
And finding the person who stabbed the guy in the city. Any of them.
Or shutting down school bullying.
Providing better support for victims of abuse.
Or finding the thief that burgled my uncles house.

This is the stuff that matters, not the exhaust noise from a P-plater's car.

hayden079

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Finally keeping my stock exhaust is paying off lol