Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorians beware - Operation Pipedown is coming

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
My 2C's wirth;
Actually, it"s all about justifying their jobs! Lets face it, Australia has a relatively low crime rate when it comes to victims, compared to other countries. That's why "they" ("they" to target minorities) all want to come and live here.

If there was no Highway Patrol and Operation's XXXXXXXX, The number of Police that would be sitting round doing nothing on a shift would be huge. If this was the case, cost cutting would eventually mean no more recruits and the little od ladies would be screaming for more Police as the crime rate would elevate.

To those P'Plate Pimps in your Homie Rides keep up the good work. You are creating employment!

Yeah never mind all the people getting stabbed that police should be focusing more on. Noisy cars are clearly more dangerous...

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
Yeah never mind all the people getting stabbed that police should be focusing more on. Noisy cars are clearly more dangerous...

That's the "justification" to keep their jobs. There would be way too many Police in certain areas if there were no Traffic offenses - believe me! You would be able to get the Police to your neighbours house being burgled within 5 mins (cities) every time with the current amount of Police there is!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
How is it pathetic? I think its great, it is bloody annoying trying to drive along with windows up, relaxed, listening to some brilliant classical music, only to have some deadhead falcon/commodore come past with their piece of crap droney pile of **** 6 cylinder that seems to be emitting a jet stream behind it.

About time these stupidly loud vehicles were cracked down on.

Well said Craig. Was at dinner before, there is a set of lights outside the place we were eating. Everytime the lights went green, all you could hear was either a Buick 3.8 or an Ecotec 3.8 with a catback exhaust screaming off the lights. Sounded like someone had tied donkeys to the back of their Commodore and dragged them down the road. Turned me off my food. Almost. God awful sound. Dunno how i put up with it on my VP for so long.

Since i got the VY SS ute, cops don't even bat an eyelid at me. FE2 suspension and quiet V8 FTW!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Well said Craig. Was at dinner before, there is a set of lights outside the place we were eating. Everytime the lights went green, all you could hear was either a Buick 3.8 or an Ecotec 3.8 with a catback exhaust screaming off the lights. Sounded like someone had tied donkeys to the back of their Commodore and dragged them down the road. Turned me off my food. Almost. God awful sound. Dunno how i put up with it on my VP for so long.

Since i got the VY SS ute, cops don't even bat an eyelid at me. FE2 suspension and quiet V8 FTW!

Hope you didn't pay for the meal, they forgot the cement seasoning. :p

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon

Yeah but kids will be kids, its always going to be that way. Us young people always take everything and make it louder and faster, works the same with music too we turned rock into hardcore :beer chug: