Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vident I400 fault code reader for ALDL

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Looking at fault code readers that are compatible with VT series II v6 commodore ALDL
and also forward compatible with OBD 1 and OBD II.
Will shortly acquire a VY and a VZ so needed a scan tool that is compatible with all three.
Has anyone used the Vident on a VT AND a VY II? How did it go??

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Looking at fault code readers that are compatible with VT series II v6 commodore ALDL
and also forward compatible with OBD 1 and OBD II.
Will shortly acquire a VY and a VZ so needed a scan tool that is compatible with all three.
Has anyone used the Vident on a VT AND a VY II? How did it go??
I have one.
Its ok. I bought for reprogramming clusters. But can't do that. Programs keys. resets airbag lights. abs, Amongst other things.

When buying told it will read all Commodores from 1995 to 2018 or 2019, forget?

I was told it program ve clusters? Don't know. I have 6L50 trans in my car. The car has obd11 port on the trans & have read fault codes for the trans.

I think you will be ok for reading all fault codes for the vy vz & resetting airbag codes once whatever was cactus? I reset the airbag code for a friends vy v6 successfully.
Check with the seller before buying?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Envyous customs does one that covers VR to VY. It's $80 for the diagnostic cable and software. You can get an airbag light reset add-on for another $50. They work good. That cable can only be used on those models.
They also do one that covers VT to VZ, but it costs $50 per month, plus $42 for the diagnostic cable (VZ-VF is a different cable than the VR-VY one), so you'd want to line your cars up and bang out everything you can within 30 days or you're up for another $50.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"