Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk 304 alternator

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
Relays will only take the load or current away/out of your "Switch" in this case your talking about the head light switch which in almost all cases will go through a relay...

Anyway its still using the same load on the alternator and battery...

VK's didn't have head light relays as standard.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
One of my Vks actually runs a High and low beam relay setup in the fuse box, running factory relay holders and relays, being an 84 model the fuse box has an additional wires in the plug for the headlight harness.
None of which is documented or in any of my factory manuals. Colors of wires match standardized colors for headlights light and dark green, black for earth.

It looks like the output for the headlights as been relocated tot he switch on the relay, power feed picked up off the main power wire for the fuse box, output to the headlights linked up to the relay. All using factory pins, sockets holders and relays, no joins or hacks. The car started life as a 1984 NSW Pollution pack EFI 202 Auto SL no AC or PS.

Scott

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
One of my Vks actually runs a High and low beam relay setup in the fuse box, running factory relay holders and relays, being an 84 model the fuse box has an additional wires in the plug for the headlight harness.
None of which is documented or in any of my factory manuals. Colors of wires match standardized colors for headlights light and dark green, black for earth.

It looks like the output for the headlights as been relocated tot he switch on the relay, power feed picked up off the main power wire for the fuse box, output to the headlights linked up to the relay. All using factory pins, sockets holders and relays, no joins or hacks. The car started life as a 1984 NSW Pollution pack EFI 202 Auto SL no AC or PS.

Scott

Very interesting :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Wish my vk was like that..started as efi 202...now half melted fuse box bypassed fuse holders but all yellow wiring lol

Where do they get the replacement fuse boxes from?

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Thanks again guys much appreciated
Just one more thing does anyone know how I go with the standard v8 fuel tank? Can that tank be used with the efi 5l or is that another thing that has to be changed? Can I just put an inline pump in? Cheers

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
you'll either need an EFI tank with a built in swirl pot or an external swirl pot.
EFI engines don't have a float chamber like a carby, so need a constant fuel flow - hence the need for a swirl pot

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Is proflow parts just like sss crap?