Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk apron and rad support. Where to buy?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
your bumper wont fit as the VKs have larger cut outs down the bottom for the bumper mounts to go in, have a look a DANNY8's wagon thread and youll see the difference as he has a VH bumper on his VK wagon and the front apron is way more open.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I was given the day off today so i decided to do some research and speak to local parts stores and dealers about the parts i needed. Then i thought ill get the plastics out and have a good look at the damage.
It didnt look as bad as it did when i was looking on weird angles.

My new question is whats your opinion on the body. Attempt to flatten out the rad suppot and then and just replace the apron or do the whole lot?

image046co.jpg

image051t.jpg

image049k.jpg

image050g.jpg

image047q.jpg

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
1: Shroud that fan!
2: i reckon you should just pull it back out and if your not happy get a panel shop to fix it up fully, imo definitely not bad enough to replace the whole apron. even if you don get it 100% you wont see any of it behind the bumper and it hasnt bent you headlight mounts or bumper mounts. Depends on your standards on how well you want it repaired.
There isnt any roadworthy/safety issues with fixing it your self as it appears to be structurally sound by looking at pics

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Im thinking fix what you have lol, none of your damgae is visible when all together and its not real bad, just have a go if your going to replace it anyway.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
mate, im not sure you know what your getting into. opening a whoooole can of worms by taking that rad support off. the best advice has been given already, pull out that damage and dolly it. its up to you whether you want to believe us now or post up later on "i should have believed you guys"