Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK high rise console

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Just swapping out my low centre console to a high rise one, does some one out there have a picture of the front mounting system? There must be a clip or something to secure it???? Ive got the rear one & welded it in.
Also a picture of the handbrake cover mounting system would be helpful, again totally different to the low rise.

image0.jpeg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Just swapping out my low centre console to a high rise one, does some one out there have a picture of the front mounting system? There must be a clip or something to secure it???? Ive got the rear one & welded it in.
Also a picture of the handbrake cover mounting system would be helpful, again totally different to the low rise.

View attachment 251538
Can’t help with that but have to comment how nice those seats are. Who ever retrimmed them did a great job.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

Barberoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute
Handbrake boot should have a steel, shaped bracket that the boot wraps around and is glued to. There are two types of clips that secure the bracket and boot to the console, 1 option is two straight, approx 8cm u shaped clips that slide over the boot and console from underneath. The second type are individual u shaped clips about a 1cm each that clip on the same but there are about ten of them.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Shite looks like I might be missing same brackets for my bitsa vk replica...not sure why I've never noticed as had vh sle apart & a few other early girls with high rise console

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Shite looks like I might be missing same brackets for my bitsa vk replica...not sure why I've never noticed as had vh sle apart & a few other early girls with high rise console
you need both brackets as pictured

mind you the rear one pictured is missing the slide -on screw clips :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Thought I had the front bracket but not sure if I've mixed it up with vn-vs bracket that looks more t-shaped.

Did notice screw clips but easy $10-$20 fix with current inflation.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Paint was still wet, slide on screw clips were installed. (The guy on eBay that sells the reproduction rear bracket includes them). The handbrake boot retainer is a little elusive.