Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk scheel seats

MS85VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
This is how I want my back seats retrimed once baby seats come out
IMG_5491.PNG

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Seats make a massive difference in these things...ss seats are damn comfy.

Trimmer kept saying my bitsa vk will turn out really nice with all parts collected for it & should just go spastic with new Scheels...will have to wait untill it's finished or let next owner buy 10k interior lol.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Seats are so personal, just get what you want & can afford!

MS85VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
I purchased a pair VE SS seats and had them recovered in period correct herringbone and velour but still a $4k investment (including recovering rear seat). It was quite easy mounting them to the std VK seat rails (just used box section), I spent a weekend trying to utilise the VE motorized rails first but gave up in frustration. I'm just in the process of changing the front head rests to the "scheel" look. The VE seat is really comfortable & has a great range of "adjustability", they are a lot taller than the original VK seat.

View attachment 193197

View attachment 193196

View attachment 193198

View attachment 193201

The correct steering wheel is a 380mm Momo wheel, last time I looked they were fetching + $1,000.00 on eBay (reproduction models). There are 350/370mm wheels more readily available.
View attachment 193199
Above 370mm Momo wheel C/w centre cover (Mazda RX 7 used this wheel back in the 90's).
View attachment 193200
Period correct 380mm VK SS Momo reproduction wheel & centre (note the thumb grips). If you want to be fussy the hub should be painted the interior colour!

MS85VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
Atm can't afford jack lol yeah but get what your saying I'm just going to wait and save for scheel stratos or recaro what ever pops up I guess

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I sometimes look for blue leather vy ss interior or similar to put into my vk but they're usually trashed....otherwise will just have wait forever trying to finish what I do have.

Low budget build means it takes as long as it takes.

Got me stumped people selling just one scheel/recaro then claiming out of Brock or whatever when clearly they aren't.

MS85VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
Yeah the blue leather was nice in the vy's I don't get how people are just selling one seat there's a great add on eBay now two scheels plus trim starting bid 3600 out of Brock but I can't see any head rest his add kills it tho quote price is firm like my calves from walking up a hill like u said blood money no one will let em go unless they get top dollar but I'll still keep looking tho

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah the prices are a joke...

Saw somewhere new foam headrests $300 no trim

People get super pissed when told the crap they bought is not genuine or not even close to what they think they bought after paying too much.

10k for correct all new scheel interior/trim is not bad if got the coin & plan on keep car for life.

^^ Still get shocked someone spends 100k on a replica yet still gets things wrong with interior.

MS85VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
Yeah Iv seen head tests pop up everyone and then but yeah your right so hard to get genuine back Brock scheel people just grabbing any scheel and saying genuine is a joke being said I still want get my hand on some scheels otherwise stratos or recaro wil have to do big going for a perfect replica just want nice seats and clean car

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah mate know what you mean always like my cars to have a nice engine bay & interior even if nobody notices it.

Currently going through this **** with a modded vh sle but want inside to look like factory interior lol