Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl s1 block drilling

speeny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
can anyone help me with how to drill the holes for the turbo on the block or swap me for a s2 block my only got 70 k

Last edited:

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
mate its easier to just put a series 2 block in or do the oil feed and return and samefor the water in another way, pretty sure its easier to just tap a new thread into the sump if you want to keep the early block. i know thats what most people do with other car models.

speeny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
were do u buy oil drain block connector from and how much do u need to drill in the block anything else i need to know

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
get an s2 block...

but u can t-piece off the oil sender for oil feed to turbo... bung back into sump... water return in heater hose water feed from any pressure side of engine...

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
series 1 block will not accommodate the first one as u dont have the tapped hole in the block(just above sump)

get a line made up for turbo oil feed. if ur doing a stock setup, look for oil and water lines to suit factory setup...

No such thing really as Series 1 and 2 blocks in RB30 its just how we identify the 2

why is your ride saying VL TURBO?

this is "series 2" Top left arrow is OIL FEED, Top Right arrow is Water Feed. Bottom large hole is OIL DRAIN TO SUMP
gallery_5_134_213296.jpg

speeny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
how far in do i need to drill into the block with the oil feed and water

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
are u reading.... T-piece of the oil sender plug. right above the oil filter(drivers side) like i have done (even though i have a series 2 block) i t-pieced of sender as i have a highmount turbo manifold in the way. its risky drilling and tapping into a water jacket. but can be done.. mate bite the bullet and get a seris 2 block for cheap and drop that in

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
pretty sure i have a 150,xxx km NA s2 short motor in storage, sump, crank, rods, pistons, block. (think it's missing the timing cover/oil pump)
if interested i'll drag it out and check it over, bought it 5+ years ago and used the head on another car and it's been sitting in a shed covered up since, might even throw in the redbacks that have made their home around it for free.

speeny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
yeah sweet bro ill use the parts of my block for that block if its good to use XD