Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl s1 block drilling

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
np once i put a tow hitch on my car, i'll grab it in the next few days.
will put it on a stand, strip it down a bit more and check it's condition properly

speeny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
were abouts are you from anyway mate and whats a good turbo to buy for it

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I'm from central vic, so not to far away from you, been a long time since i looked into turboing an rb30 so can't really help there

speeny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
ok cool yeah i looked and they have one for 250 new t3 turbo is that too cheap for a turbo

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
mate im in exactly the same boat as you i just bought a 86 vl with series 1 motor, got a 88 vlt but i cbf swapping motors so easier way im just tapping into the sump for a return, if you do end up swapping blocks mate it would be sick if you could make a big how to thread with pics on how to swap blocks for back yard mechanics ; )

That turbo is the same one i was looking at there oil cooled, cheap turbo's 8 psi springs in them they say they can handle 25psi but i highly doubt it, i wouldn't push them too hard, best bet is t3 but finding one with minimal to no shaft plate is next to impossible and everyone wants $300+ easy. i have been looking at rb25det turbochargers my mate has one on his skyline running 20psi.

speeny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
yeah mate ill give it a go once i get the s2 block ill take the head off the s1 and take pic and show me seting up the turbo intercooler setup

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
motor swap is easy... the turbo i got is a to4e ebay cheap shitter running 10psi... its held on for over 2 years and i love it...