Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Under-bonnet Mods where 2 start ?

J

jcd256

The only time I can understand a monster tachy, is when it's a manual, and you're racing, because some helmets you can't hear anything through, so the rpm count is nice... But what's the deal with a shift light? You need a little blinking annoying piece of junk to tell you when to shift up or down? Go back to driving school!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'm the opposite, I'd rather a shift light over a tacho. Purely for the fact that you can see it without having to take your eyes off the road/ where your going to look. Once again, only in a drag/ circuit situation where you have a helmet on and can't hear too much.

Apart from that, most of these lads with tacho's have the hugest stereo's and worst sounding exhausts ever. See the common link. Their music is up that loud they don't know how **** the car sounds and what revs the car is doing.

Turn the music off, often theres no sweeter sound then an engine screaming its tits off.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i also am inclined to agree. mine doesnt sound particularly loud or special though. can an exhaust make the car sound good. im thinkin bout getting one but i dont want one that sounds like a vacuum cleaner. some of my mates have those and you cant hear **** over the top of them. meaning no point having a sound system cos you cant hear it

J

jcd256

I suppose if you get a mandrel bent exhaust system, high flow cat and two hi flow mufflers with all the right sound deadening material, then it should be fairly quiet (Compariatively, it'll be louder than a stock, as it's breathing more, but quieter than a straight through with only one muffler on it)

There is a certain amount of the set up affecting the note that comes from the end of it, and how loud it really is. I've seen a few cars lately that have extremely LOUD exhausts, and even louder sound systems (That... And they drive around with all the windows open, making the car louder to them, so they put the music up more! I have my window open when driving because I can't afford a regas at the moment, sheesh)

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
how much do you reckon hat would all cost. sounds expensive to me. perhaps ppl with loud everything are just compensating for something. i drive with window down too.

V

VLHOOD

alot you can do with 3,5k to your engine. But yeah Exhaust system, CAI, Extractors/Heads First. Also before applying a turbo to a N/A make sure your gearbox is up to heart... etc etc oh and mainly your brakes... but yeah theres like 1000 options open. :)

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
to true

i agree why do u need a shift light i was just sayin that because in some cars they look decent not on an auto i completely fold on wat i said i hate the thins tosser additions to any car and my car sounds great as it is stock / standard and beautiful

dan

J

jcd256

VLACS said:
how much do you reckon hat would all cost. sounds expensive to me. perhaps ppl with loud everything are just compensating for something. i drive with window down too.

Not as much as you'd think... If you get extractors too, it bumps the price up a bit, but you can get it around the $500.00 - $700.00 mark, from what I've found around here. Seen some systems for sale in mags for over a grand, but they're pacemaker headers and the whole high quality stuff... Not that I'd be too bothered about it, by rule... The more you pay for a well known and well backed brand, generally the better it SHOULD be, right?

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
its like i always say, buy cheap buy twice. ah but im so friggin broke i may have to break that rule. i wanna get extractors and a exhaust. i got a quote from Genies which is in perth. they said 350 for the exhaust and 540 for the extractors. 400 if i installed them myself whichi cant do so its 540. thats an interference header if that means anyhting special