Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt_ss_5l

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Gen III
waiting for Pix im at the same thing wiriring my white calais 5ltr conversion Dont know where to start Pix would be great !

Satkinson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V8
should get it wired up tomorrow let me know which parts you want me to take pics of.. anybody got any tips on what to do about the rev counter? anyone got a factory v8 rev counter for sale as id rather not bolt a big ugly aftermarket tacho to it.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
If all else fails you could probably spend a few more bucks and get a digital tacho, doesn't exactly have the same look as a normal one, but they look like you can fit them a lot more neater than a monster or smaller tach. Personally I think digital ones are, for lack of better words, ugly pieces of f-ing shite, haha but they can be positioned well:

images.ashx

I know that one's for a 4x4 but you get the idea lol

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
the above one is ugly.autometer all the way over that jap crap above.

anyhow ebay would be your best bet for the v8 cluster

dabigboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS 2, VL berlina V8, MAVERICK TD42 TURBO
good luck mate, they are very simple looms compared to a 6 one. i have a genuine v8 one and trying to find specific v8 parts was difficult. the speedo cable will have to be made custom as the 3litre ones are very different.... look forward to seeing your progress on this....

trevor84

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 vl commodore
pics

Hey i have dropped a 308 into my vl with a quadrajet and a th350 gear box and need some help on wiring it all up
does anybody have a wiring diagram for this?
cheers

can u plz tell me how u wired it up im tryin to put a carby 5ltr in my vl n i need some help with the wiring could u plz put some pics up