Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL walkinshaw replica 666-GMC

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
no need to alter any existing wires.
you can see where the groups of fuses get power from a common wire when you look at the fuse rail from the under side.
the diagram in side the fuse box lid also shows the groups.
fuses 10, 11 & 12 all the their +ve power from 1 pink wire that is soldered to the group of 3 clips.
I removed this set of 3 clips and soldered my "ignition on" power wire to the same bank and ran it to terminal 85 on my EFI relay.

I removed relay N from the fuse box as it was nolonger getting a signal to close the circuit to provide the fuel pump power.
I ran a wire from the new fuel pump relay (terminal 30) to one of the sockets that the old relay N sat in.
With a blade connector attached to the wire, I connected it to the socket that has 2 purple wires coming out on the under side.
These 2 purple wires go to the internal and external fuel pumps.

my relays are currently behind the battery so that they are close to the black socket that they need to connect to.
I didn't cut the plug off but instead used a number of male blade terminals and connected my wires.

from there a couple of wires also run to the battery and to earth.

its a bit messy and after I get the car on the road, i'll look at moving my new relays into the fuse box so that its much neater.

the wires under the dash are also easr.
one goes to earth.
2 more I ran around the heater,
this is where I did splice one into the original VL loom for power on ignition, and the other to the EST light for the engine warning light, replacing the old input wire.

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey mate thanks for the info seems to be making sense. if you dont mind could you take a pic of the relay in the fusebox and the ign wire you used in the fusebox

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMAG0666.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0663.jpg

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
I posted the pics but....
"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. "

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
ok great cheers mate. well i should be dropping my motor and box in over the week and hopfully start wiring it up

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
thanks for the pics mate. how do you pull the terminals out of the fuse holder

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
on each side of the 3 fuse holders you can see where there are pins that point outwards. from above, you can push a small flat screwdriver down each side of each holder to push the pin back. once all 6 have been pushed back the set of 3 fuse holders all come out together. push the pins out again while you have it out so that it locks in again when reassembled.

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
ok and that empty pin in the pic is where you added the wire for the relay and sorry but the pic of the plugs inside the cabin what are there for

really appreciate the pics mate will really help

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes, the bank of 3 fuses all get their power from the one pink wire, leaving space to add solder a wire as an ignition on power supply to the relay.
The pic in the cabin is all I have done so far there. the 3 wires are just jammed into the plug. I'm going to cut the plug off and solder the wires when I get a spare moment.

I've been working on the dash tonight

Attachments

• IMAG0674.jpg
    IMAG0674.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 572
  • IMAG0675.jpg
    IMAG0675.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 584
  • IMAG0676.jpg
    IMAG0676.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMAG0678.jpg