Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl walkinshaw replica project

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
Vl is now fixed for good!!! Yay

hey people,

well the mechanic found the problem,he went right through our wiring and couldn't fault it (so the adjustments my dad done to the wiring fixed that problem,WHICH WAS NOT PUT THE INJECTORS ON CONSTANT POWER)
how the wiring was the first time it made one of my brand new injectors go dud which we didn't release(IT STILL HAD POWER JUST WASN'T DOING WHAT IT SHOULD),we put an old injector in and BAM she RUNS beautifully!!

SO FAULTY INJECTOR OR THE ORIGINAL WIRING MADE THIS PROBLEM,problem solved new it wasn't to hard haha.
have not been invoiced yet he is going to do my exhaust and a power steer line couple of hours labor, so fairly cheap.
then will put up a video of the beast next week!!

Last edited:

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
yes i was wrapped when he said it's only the injector,and to make it better the bloke i brought them off on eBay said he will exchange them for WORKING ones,think i will just sell them and keep the genuine ones lol.

hows your vl going dude no more updates?

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
i cant do much more without a little cash injection.
The 6 needs a new cai, power transistor or both, then if it fires its still not firing on all 6 cylinders.
any money i put into the 6 is dead money since I'm going to do the 5l conversion but i cant afford the v8 just yet. the credit card needs rescuing first.

I'm keeping an eye out for anything that comes up in terms if a diff or 5l thats a reason able price and near enough to pickup but am not seeing much.
perhaps i need to take a week off and get an extra weeks annual leave paid out...

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Hey mate, Sorry to hi-jack ya thread. But having a go wiring my 304EFI in my VH. Quick question, Where did you get your Ign on. power from? Also, Do all those other wires have to stay in the loom? Or can they be stripped out?

Last edited:

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, Sorry to hi-jack ya thread. But having a go wiring my 304EFI in my VH. Quick question, Where did you get your Ign on. power from? Also, Do all those other wires have to stay in the loom? Or can they be stripped out?
no worries mate enjoy the wiring ha ha, how did you go with you're rear brakes did my trick work??

just turn you're reds on,get a test light put it on some of the fuses in your fuse box what ever has power use, remember don't take it from the fuel pump and don't over load the the one you take it from,
(depends are you going with aircon? leave them in for now once you get it going take them out, that's what i've done.

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Unfortunately no. The rear brakes still have no fluid! haha. And nah it hasn't got air con. Plus, to make things more tricky for me. The fuse box is under the dash, Instead of in the engine bay, like VL's?

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
strange about the brakes,u can buy bleeders now at repco, that go on a compressor maybe try that.

go with out the air-con much easier and yeah vl's fuse boxers are in the bay,be a bugger under the dash,take it out prob easier.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
Take the dash out? or The fuse box?
dash? not sure in a vk if its easier though it was a lot easier in my datsun 1200 ute.