Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl walkinshaw replica project

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
Haha when I read the title, I expected to see only one VL Walkinshaw, then all the sudden they were everywhere.

Yours looks really nice mate. Keep up the good work. I have been watching this thread.
cheers mate,yeah slowly getting there hope to have it on the road real soon.

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Awsome to hear that your ride is back in sweet running order mate. Hope you have it back soon, bet your hanging for it. I've only just started my rebuild and already I want it on the road lol.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
Awsome to hear that your ride is back in sweet running order mate. Hope you have it back soon, bet your hanging for it. I've only just started my rebuild and already I want it on the road lol.
cheers mate yeah shes running fine just needs finishing touches the shop is still flat out,i've been wanting to drive this thing since 2010 lol,
post up you're vl build?

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
hey, when you put the v8 in, did you bolt the gear box onto the engine outside the car and drop it in through the bay, roll them under the car already on the kframe, or install the engine and gearbox into the car seperately?

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey, when you put the v8 in, did you bolt the gear box onto the engine outside the car and drop it in through the bay, roll them under the car already on the kframe, or install the engine and gearbox into the car seperately?
hey mate we took the rb30 and box out,then took all of the suspension n steering out,replaced it with the v8 gear,then put the 304 in with the box on which i WOULDN'T do it that way again cause we had the box off four times due to clutch problems with the adjustment,which if you go manual you will have the same problem, DON'T GO AUTO LOL.
and if you plan on keeping the car do the shocks,springs,overhaul the brakes do it all rite the first time, she will last you years.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
for the fuel hose that runs from the metal line to the engine, the vn has a longer line that terminates near the top of the engine but the vl line stops about mid way up. did you replace the whole fuel hoses from the engine to the metal lines with longer hoses, get longer metal lines, or add a piece of hose between the metal line and the 304 hose and join the 2?

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
g'day mate,
i used fuel hose,cut the vl line off near the chassis rail actually done it on both lines.
*make sure you use good quality hose,clamps,and flare the lines!!
post some progress pictures on ya thread.

MY VL IS STILL SITTING IN THE SHOP,I HATE IT WHEN YOU HAVE THE CASH TO COMPLETE IT THOUGH TRADES MAN OVER CO-MITT THEM SELF'S!! :( EASTER IT WILL BE BACK 100%

brumby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi Mate, great work on the conversion! I just bought a VL with a 304 EFI and T5. Do you have any pics of the firewall where your clutch cable comes through? Mine is looking a bit dodgy and I want to see what I need to do to sort it.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Mate, great work on the conversion! I just bought a VL with a 304 EFI and T5. Do you have any pics of the firewall where your clutch cable comes through? Mine is looking a bit dodgy and I want to see what I need to do to sort it.
the car is at my mate shop still,i get it back next week.
they have to look a tad dodgy due to the pedal cluster are out of early model commo's.
post a thread up of your beast.

brumby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi, i will do as soon as I sort some things out. Seems the guy I bought mine off was dodgy. I have spent the weekend sorting the rear brakes out (which then meant new axle bearings) because he had put the handbrake shoes around the wrong way.. I'm positive the pedal box is out of a VP thus my question.

BTW - great thread and it's great to see the progress you've made!