Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL WONT START - suggestions???

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
found my problem and it does kill the engine completely, check the relays behind the battery, the 5 connector one that is at 87a when static/ign off was stuffed in mine as soon as I changed it after many days of wanting to blow up gmh it fired up and ran sweet as a a cream donut. If I can suggest any other things I did email me, [email protected]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE 3.8 V6 t700
turn left, both leds stay on, clockwise should flash twice red 4 times green i think, then you know all sensors ok

T

thelastjenko

dudu get ya crank angle sensor checked out it happend to mine but it aint cheep

O

ozieagle

try takeing out plugs start the car then put plugs back in then start again mite have an air blockage or dirty fuel lines

S

saundies

go out and buy a computer from the wreckers and plug it in and then try.
my vl did the same thing on friday and i got it going after puttin the computer in so give it a try :yeah:

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
go out and pull ur motor out, start it and then put it back in....

you guys may have solved your problem but you wont be able to help him, his head gasket blew but i love how all the solutions were electrical anyway. :flame:

M

megee83

jus had my box out to change the cluth over, now all back in but wont turn over...jus that little click sound that drives you f*ckin insane... anyone experienced similar, any ideas would be apprieciated... had bout five weeks out at work to think it over in my head an jus been goin stoopid tryna think of possible causes o my current prob...

for the rest, all i can say is that if youve been playin with plugs in the electrical system, or suspect you have an electrical prob run the self-diagnostic on the comp first... can save you a sh*t-load o heartache playin with connections an that, jus to find out you can determine the problem straight up... id give this a go before buyin another computer cos it wont cost you anything for a start.
that'll be the first thing on my list when i get home anyways, always worth seein what it says i figure, then takin it from there...

Also a mate o mine was sayin that after takin the box out can have a prob with the starter motor not lining back up properly an havin to push start the car? anyone know what the hell he's on about? i dunno...

cheers all

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
toyota supras start every time. get one. i am GO THE SUPRA

M

megee83

markiuliano said:
i'v got a frend whoz a mechanic if i run into any trouble.. but it should be alrite.. plan on getn the new engine on monday.. n hopefully put it in on tues..

BEWARE OF MECHANIC FRIENDS!!! dont get me wrong im sure most o you guys are great, jus i got a mate who's a mechanic an everytime i've ever asked him for a hand he's broken somethin... :ranting: i'll put it this way, been a while since i've asked him anywhere near my car other than for advice... this could have been his aim though, i dunno :rofl:

M

megee83

mikevxss said:
toyota supras start every time. get one. i am GO THE SUPRA

cheers for the quick reply but thats not really the answer i was lookin for cheif... bye now :wave: