Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VLT won't start, i'm at my wits end I swear

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Sure u slid it in properly bud. It's easy to have it run out as it turns slightly when installing because of the angled gear.

Yeah marked my old one before and after I pulled it out, and marked the new one in the same spots and after she went in she lined up perfect.

Checked the timing belt, she looks pretty damn good, must have been replaced, no cracks or missing teeth.

I do have a constant high pitched beeeeeeep from in my bay when my key's on and the pump's finished priming

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Just a quick thought. Have a try of the grub screw in the back if the plenum. I had a fiddle with that when I was having problems and fixed the rough idleing issue.

Tikkat3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
Sounds like the crank angle sensor in the dizzy

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Just a quick thought. Have a try of the grub screw in the back if the plenum. I had a fiddle with that when I was having problems and fixed the rough idleing issue.

Gotta get it running first lol

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk 2

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Aw true I havnt been reading everything lol must of missed that it dosnt run anymore ha

Tikkat3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
Check the electrical plug that connects to the dizzy. The rubber boot deteriorates and water gets in and corrodes the terminals. Was a common problem

Tikkat3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
so it must be injector based (as I'm getting fuel pressure to my fuel rail in the bay, pulled the hose off, let the pump prime and she squirted fuel so it isn't that)

How much fuel came out when it cranked?
Was the pressure high and was there plenty of volume?

Try squirting some aerostart in the manifold and see if it will start. If it's got spark it should at least fire for a short time

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
If the plugs were black when you took them out, then it is getting too much fuel. Fuel pressure regulator might have died.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
How much fuel came out when it cranked?
Was the pressure high and was there plenty of volume?

Try squirting some aerostart in the manifold and see if it will start. If it's got spark it should at least fire for a short time

She filled half a bottle of powerade in few seconds so it was coming out alright, and pump cuts out after few seconds so she has pressure. I'll grab some start ya bastard tomorrow and spray that in the intake and see. I've tried fuel in the intake, and also fuel in cylinder 1 through removed spark plug, put it all back together but not even a short run, just kept cranking.

If the plugs were black when you took them out, then it is getting too much fuel. Fuel pressure regulator might have died.

Yeah she runs rich, always has since I turbo'd it, only have the na ecu and injectors fitted, and afm after the turbo so it's probably trying to squirt more than it can burn