Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VLT won't start, i'm at my wits end I swear

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Update: The fuel pressure is pretty terrible so I have a new fuel pump on the way (external) so I'll try that while I get another internal. When disconnected from the fuel rail, the hose pressure is the same when priming and cranking which someone mentioned earlier

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
You will take a piss about the same pressure as the fuel pump. It won't shoot fuel like 3 meters or like your hose.
Jake your pumps will be ok. Remember it was either your spark timing or inj pulse

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Update: The fuel pressure is pretty terrible so I have a new fuel pump on the way (external) so I'll try that while I get another internal. When disconnected from the fuel rail, the hose pressure is the same when priming and cranking which someone mentioned earlier

I wouldn't go putting in another pump till you have confirmed you have injection pulse or not. The more stuff you mess with the more problems you are likely to make.

So first check injector pulse with a test light, then if you have injector pulse, test the fuel pressure with a gauge and the flow rate properly. Grab a one litre container and time how long it take to fill to one litre.

If these tests dont answer any questions, buggered if I know what wrong with it.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I wouldn't go putting in another pump till you have confirmed you have injection pulse or not. The more stuff you mess with the more problems you are likely to make.

So first check injector pulse with a test light, then if you have injector pulse, test the fuel pressure with a gauge and the flow rate properly. Grab a one litre container and time how long it take to fill to one litre.

If these tests dont answer any questions, buggered if I know what wrong with it.

I grabbed some spare led lights I had & put them on each of the injector plugs seperatley & they all flashed when cranking so pulse is there

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Well today marks week 3 of it not starting. I sprayed some aerosol (Some brand from Autobarn), and it backfired out of the intake pipe (Have the pod filter off atm) so I swapped in another AFM, although the wires inside the other one are still in tact.

I might just put it all back together and tow it to the mechanics, I'm at the stage where I just want it sorted, even if it costs me a bit extra.

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Hows the vl going mate? Any progress with it starting

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Update: Put the new in tank pump in and it makes such a difference in priming, I can definatley hear both pumps working now (Since I replaced both in tank and external with brand new ones) so now it just seems like the timing is the main issue.

I'm going to manually crank to tdc, set the dizzy back to lead 1 all that jazz and go from there. She wants to start so bad, I'm pretty confident she should be going by the weekend, hopefully.