Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Calais 5L

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
lol, nothing major happening with the Calais atm Jake. Will see how I go in court on wednesday and then I can start getting the car ready for rust cutting/metal fill

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
Wait, so what was the defected sticker actually for?

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Long story short, couple of weekends ago went on a certain hoon cruise and "tested" the new LSD and 3.9's, got caught and Calais was impounded. They found rust in the rear window and the sunroof and a suspected trans leak! Went to court on wednesday and was told to get a lawyer because im looking at 15 years max sentence in jail and have to appear in the criminal court in Novemeber and December! Also I have been on house arresst from 11pm-6am everynight since I got arrested and have to contiune it till novemeber/december!

So the Calais will be getting stripped and resprayed with all the rust cut out and metal filled. And im sure some other mods will pop into mind.

Last edited:

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Okay bit of an update.

My Dad has decided that we are going to get the Calais off of defect so I can take it on Cruise For Charity! (Top bloke he is!)

So I spent a little bit of time installing that Rear Whiteline 22mm Adjustable Sway bar that finally came in! Also I gave the tank, diff and other new suspension gear a quick wipe down!

VNCalaisV8185.jpg

VNCalaisV8186.jpg

VNCalaisV8187.jpg

VNCalaisV8188.jpg

Also I just got 3 wisdom teeth removed today, but I'm not feeling any pain. However we shall see how I'm feeling in the morning and I'll start to take out the sunroof and roof lining! And I will call a freind of a freind to come and remove the front and rear windows ready for metal fill.

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Yesterday I managed to get the sunroof out (What a bitch of a job lol). Also had Adam from Independent Windscreens come and take out the front and rear windows.

VNCalaisV8189.jpg

VNCalaisV8191.jpg

VNCalaisV8192.jpg

VNCalaisV8193-1.jpg

VNCalaisV8194.jpg

As you can see the rear window needs a bit of work to be in tip top shape again!

VNCalaisV8195.jpg

VNCalaisV8196.jpg

VNCalaisV8197.jpg

VNCalaisV8198.jpg

VNCalaisV8199.jpg

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
She is looking naked Renno. Hope you get it fixed and on the road without too many hassles.

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
Nice work Renno, Be proud of yaself for all the attention to detail u put in.

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
The laws over your side of the world are pretty harsh especially in regards to roadworthiness. Good excuse for your respray though :p

Yeah, but the situation I am in has sort of warranted the extra harshness regarding roadworthiness. However she will be back on the road one day

She is looking naked Renno. Hope you get it fixed and on the road without too many hassles.

Cheers Nick! Went and saw the lawyer today and as a loss of licence is a probability, then it looks like the Calais will not be making Cruise For Charity, so I can spend more time doing it all properly instead of rushing it :)

Nice work Renno, Be proud of yaself for all the attention to detail u put in.

Cheers Mr Chow! Means a lot comming from you mate :)

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Well I got bored on the weekend, so I decided that since no one was gonna buy my VQ Caprice Interior, I would put them in the Calais.

Well I got a bit carried away (as per usual) and they didnt end up in the Calais......yet! lol

I began by stripping the SV3800 seats that I had lying around in the shed. Then i stripped down the Carpice front seats down to the metal frame aswell. Then i just put the SV3800 foams/material onto the electric frames. Now all i need is to decide on what trim to get and get a few quotes on a retrim.

Starting to strip the Caprice seats

VNCalaisV8201.jpg

Now i know why they are so heavy :rofl:

VNCalaisV8202.jpg

Stripped SV3800 frames

VNCalaisV8203.jpg

These fins on the SV3800 frames will need to be cut off and welded onto the smalelr fins of the Caprice frames to keep the rigid bolsters

VNCalaisV8204.jpg

The stripped Caprice frames. See how the fins are too small for the bolsters

VNCalaisV8205.jpg

The SV3800 foams/material on the Caprice frames

VNCalaisV8206.jpg