Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn Cam Change

Airwave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS Wagon
Hello guys,

Ok, i am about to attempt a cam change on my VN v6. i know all that i have to do but, the Condenser is in the way. i realise that it has to be removed, but that means i have to do a re-gas on an R12 system if i want to keep air con. but that involves retrofitting a r134a system, price wise i don't see the need.

just wanting to know how any of you have got around this. say just moving it to the side or using a replacement for r12.

if there is no way i can get around it, oh well no air con for me in summer.

Airwave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS Wagon
well it was a bloody hot day today and im really not fanceying losing my aircon so if anyone has any ideas?

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
You shouldn't have to pay more than $150 - $200 for a r13a conversion, it's just some valves and the gas and new reciever/dryer. Call some refrigeration dudes from yellow pages or whatever, look for owner/operator small business, r12 is still around, you might find someone prepared to do it with r12. (which cools heaps better anyway)
Having said all that, I reckon you'd be able to move the condenser. If you're careful not to put too much pressure on the hard pipes you can even bend them a little bit. (Watch out for kinks/creases)