Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn fuel regulator question

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've been on JC for 7 years & I've been reading posts from even before l joined about ebay parts being faulty.

Trouble is where can you buy OEM parts that don't fail prematurely?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
... or buy lots of Holdens!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Seems you have to be lucky.

Yep I have been lucky on eBay OEM parts and unlucky on other OEM parts from eBay. Three failed Delphi sensors, one from eBay, one from Burson and the other Repco, can't win..... Gotta wonder if the prematurely failed parts get made on Friday's??? I say pffffft, OEM, like I said I don't think any parts will last as long as those fitted on the assembly line. Mech who partially rebuilt my engine said the same thing, he uses Holden "OEM" and every now and then one fails prem.
Still have to fit OEM because anything else is pretty guaranteed failure before it's time... lol

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah solved tons of issues with other people's cars using aftermarket junk parts just by swapping out to brands used by factory wherever possible.

Think it's QA issues from either cheaper materials/manufacturers or conspiracy theory parts not made to last so they can sell more...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Question that needs answering is where is the best place to buy parts, by that I mean who sells the bits that are least likely to fail within 12 months?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The parts made for the assembly are a1 (dont know the real name) they test to a1 standards. Anything that does test to a1 standards are graded & go out as spare parts. a2 parts are cheaper than a1. a3 are cheaper again. a10 parts dont work at all & are made on Mondays & Fridays.
:rolleyes:hahahahaha My theory on spare parts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I am currently running two different eBay Delphi sensors an O2 and a CAS and they have lasted just fine. Delphi CAS from Burson **** itself within 12 months, eBay replacement seems to be fine after around 9 months, eBay Delphi O2 has been in probably 2 years. Yet the one from the same eBay seller failed within a week of fitting. On my second replacement Delphi TPS, both from Repco. Had no choice as ute broke down twice, too far from home and it was either park it, or limp it to Repco and then limp to the mech's for repair on the same day.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
For odd, rarely used parts, I've sometimes been able to get genuine from Preston Motors. Other than that, it's a matter of haunting ebay and swap meets looking for unused parts in original packaging.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The parts made for the assembly are a1 (dont know the real name) they test to a1 standards. Anything that does test to a1 standards are graded & go out as spare parts. a2 parts are cheaper than a1. a3 are cheaper again. a10 parts dont work at all & are made on Mondays & Fridays.
:rolleyes:hahahahaha My theory on spare parts.

If the theory is true, years ago they reckon the Japs worked on making little from the sale of new cars; instead they raked it in on spare parts.