Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn running hot

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
woah dont let it go any moar then just before halfway, thats were the motor gets too cooking point(any moar any the regular coolent starts to boil and escape the overflow. if you need your motor too run that hot get an upgraded raditorcap and higher boil coolent)(sure the h mark makes you think that its not too hot but why do they make the motor run at a quarter.. think about it) if it keeps getting to halfway and comeing back down the thermal expansion and contraction between the diffrent composit parts will start to cause micro HAZ cracking and over time thoes cracks become larger (useally resulting in bereing failure) i recoment you get a lower opening thermostat as it sounds to be the culprit, or even your thermofans are not kicking in at the correct point... my drift car (vn) is not running a thermostat atm but my thermo fans are rigged to a switch (also have automeater water temp gauge) soo i can controll the temp i want it at(at later date i will set up an automatic system but im in testing phases to dial my setting's in right)