Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 best way to increase performace for p platers

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i seen the title of this thread and now i have a sore head from repititively bashing against a wall, because thats what it feels like everytime people ask the best way to modify a car on your P's.... PLEASE!!! WHEN WILL IT STOP!?!? :-/

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
a tear fell down my face as well walesy. The day when mangtastic v6 p platers stop asking about modding will be a glorious one.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
hmmm, why not try a SS cold air induction, 3.45 diff gears, LSD Diff, stage 2 shift kit, corvette servo, 70mm bored & polished Throttle body, exhaust system with decent extractors & a nice service & tune. :) works a treat atleast youll have more fun

do the 3:45 LSD a good cold air and throw on some 1:9 ratio rocker from MACE and then get the tune with pacemakers and a nice twin 2 1/4 system or 3 inch maybe go all out and get 100 cell high flow cats

shift kit wont make power just more fun to drive, thorttle body will increase response not power.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
seems like everyone wants to go faster. id just be happy to get my engine to stop leaking oil lol...

328FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Fair call. But I see far to many older guys idling their v8's around here in chch. I swear they have them governed. Would be a sight for sore eyes to see (and hear) and v8 rev past 2k

I make old ladies cry with how I drive:rofl2: Testing how worn the LSD was on mine consisted of laying down a huge burnout outside the shop and seeing where the 11 turned to a 1.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just keep the P plate on there, it is good for at least an extra 25kW. Oh, and a "Justify Your Existence" or "Cause For Concern" sticker will add a few killerwasps too.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
just dont get a UNIT or SKIN sticker... you wont be able to handle the power and sheer awesomeness of it then

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
the fk? cant believe i read 2 whole pages and noone has recommended NAAAAWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSS yet. everyone knows its the only legal mod for P platers, and you wll chop your cousin antonio's VL calais everytime!