Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 best way to increase performace for p platers

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS s2,Vp S, 180B SSS Project
Diff gears are the only good thing about em!

Stock_Vn_Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
Its amazing how off topic threads can get on this forum, im hoping this has helped a few others on here, if not im sure it made a few people laugh :) Also can't wait to have a v8 again i miss the sound of it mostly and the fact it did have a little play in it ;)

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
yeah pretty off topic here guys haha. i would get a set of 3.9s, and a mini spool, also a manual conversion. you would be suprised at what it drives like, beat most gen3s of the line, 3rd gear ringys in the wet, 2nd in the dry. what more could you want ? :p

3,9s are from a 31 btw :p

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
buy a delorean its a na v6 (marty) "doc what happens after 88mph?" (doc) "some serious ****!"

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Just keep it well maintained and serviced. In my experience a VN motor in good condition has way too much power for the brakng and handling ability of a stock car and can get the inexperienced into all sorts of bother rather quickly. My advice keep it stock apart from say a Lukey high flow exhaust (they look stock), put the money into advanced driving lessons and then go and buy a VY V6 or a V8 when your off your P's

I'm talking to a P plater so I'm wasting my time, but Wortus is dead right. The VN was the most imbalanced Commodore ever made, with way too much bottom end torque, a shitty chassis and non-existent brakes. Spend money on making it stop and handle properly before looking for the go faster bits.