Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN-VP-VR SC14 How To

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Try it without one first mate then see if it really needs it, make sure foamy knows the tune is a tb moved tune to. The bypass setup is still in debate as to whether its needed.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Try it without one first mate then see if it really needs it, make sure foamy knows the tune is a tb moved tune to. The bypass setup is still in debate as to whether its needed.

Prob wont need it as much because its not intercooled but when it is it may cause some problems in the silicone pipes and cause a block from the sucktion on it, also may help idle and it being there may not put the blower under more stress, but i dunno, i thought since i am moveing T/B may as well look intot eh bypass or have it for near future and just put a bolt in the hole for later as there is another pipe coming out aswell.

P.S i tell foam everything i do to the car lol prob sick of hearing it, or blocks it out haha.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Maybe once you do your tb move you can inform us what the setup needs whether or not the bypass is needed?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
what type of bypasses? where would i get em, and prices

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I sent you a link in msn last night, also i reckon one could be made from a heater tap! Looking at the one on capa site it looks like a heater tap modified.

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
What kind of psi are you guys looking at?

If its below 10-15psi then the ABV from the Toyota 4agze (SC12 Supercharged) would do the trick. People wreck these all the time on toyota forums, so pretty easy to find....

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
So might be able to make one out of a bypass heater tap?, from a VR or something because the VNs have 4 pipes i think and VR have 2, not sure on it thought could be wrong, my pulley is getting machined i pick it up today after work hope they could take abit off it so i am in the 5psi range.

VSteve

Reaction score
A bypass is definitely needed for throttle body in front. The only exception is if you have a clutched supercharger rigged up so that the clutch disengages when the throttle is closed. I have tested this myself. With no bypass the supercharger got hot very quickly. A heater tap would be too small for a bypass. You would want something with at least 30mm diameter. I'm thinking about getting a motorbike throttle body or something similar to use as a bypass.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I'm tossing up a few ideas for the bypass, one using a heater tap and carby, another idea a vacuum slider and butterfly. Last idea and maybe a long shot but what everyones thoughts on using motorbike reeds? The suction will open them and the boost would reclose them. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.