Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spaz256

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice v8
Not a question but just wanted to share some experience with you.
Picked my 2007 caprice up for the dealer yesterday, took it home and put the child seats in and went off for a drive in the new whip... The the trouble started.

After turning the car on (sounded like the battery was low when it turned over) for my second time ever, I was greeted with the check engine light on and stability control wasn't working then I went to put a DVD on for the kids and that also wasn't working properly and I could not even get the disk back out.
Boy was I fuming, my new(to me) car stuffed up on the first day.

I proceeded to run the errands about town the MIL was on every time I started the car. On the last stop I got back in and low and behold the MIL had turned off.

Took the kids To the grandparents that evening to show off the caprice and had a big winge about the DVD player. While showing them the car I turned the DVD player on again and it just worked no issues what so ever.

Just goes to show how sensitive the electrics in these modern cars are just a little low voltage caused the modern features on my car to crap themselves for a little bit.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Better get that seen to pronto.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I have had an issue with a battery that load tested ok, yet my alarm kept going off in the middle of the night and other random times. Car cranked no worries. RAA checked it and said it was an issue with the ECU. For some reason I switched the aux battery on and the issue stopped. New battery and never had a problem again. Yet I could have thrown that battery into a car with less electronics and probably got another 12-18 months out of it.