Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP 5000i Clubsport Genuine and Original

5000iclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5000i Clubsport
Guys,

Would really appreciate some thoughts and suggestions on my car.

I am thinking about getting rid of it, as it really doesn't do a lot for me anymore and is just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

Here is the run down.

Completely original 5000i Clubsport (big brakes and 4 bolt mains) white with grey trimmings.
Has had some paint over its life but has all been done very well.
The bonnet is just starting to come off a little when it is polished but is no where near terrible.
It has done an original 138,000 klms with books.
Build number is #005.
It has a aftermarket head unit in it but I also have the original tape deck.
Everything works inc electric aerial, immobilizer, remotes, windows, mirrors, cruise, speedo, a/c etc.
Trim is very good.
Wheels are spot on and still has genuine yellow spare.
Has Tint as well.

Anything I have missed just ask.

I really am not sure as to what it would be worth, if it is only worth 5-6 grand I will keep it. If it is 10-12 I probably still would hold it.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
so its white/grey two tone? build number sticker on the boot? black motor? personally I wouldn't part with one for less then 15k if its what I think you have. very low numbers built too and most are trashed

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hahaha - I have the mechanicals and a few panels for one of these floating around my house. Very rare and unless you need the money I wouldn't sell it. It won't ever bring Group A money (but you know that) however they are very special cars built in very low numbers and will always be a cut above your normal Clubsport/Senator etc.

5000iclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5000i Clubsport
The only thing it is missing is the build sticker on the boot and it drives me nuts as I can't get a good pick of it to copy it. It is white and grey and is definitely genuine. I am the third owner. Black motor etc all intact. I don't need the money and I will never lose on it because I traded it for 3000 and put 4 in it to bring it back to life. Like you said reaper it is never going to be a big dollar car but it has super low numbers and good gear in it for the age. It's just a bit of a uninspiring car, but a great long trip cruiser. It's never going to be the 2 door HQ 350 4 speed I wish I never sold or is it???

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The only thing it is missing is the build sticker on the boot and it drives me nuts as I can't get a good pick of it to copy it. It is white and grey and is definitely genuine. I am the third owner. Black motor etc all intact. I don't need the money and I will never lose on it because I traded it for 3000 and put 4 in it to bring it back to life. Like you said reaper it is never going to be a big dollar car but it has super low numbers and good gear in it for the age. It's just a bit of a uninspiring car, but a great long trip cruiser. It's never going to be the 2 door HQ 350 4 speed I wish I never sold or is it???

Hahaha I still have the boot for one but it's missing the build sticker too so can't help there. Bottom line - if the car doesn't do anything for you then move it on. If you like it then keep it.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Bottom line - if the car doesn't do anything for you then move it on. If you like it then keep it.

This is true.

But IMO if the cars 90% original there DO NOT modify it or part anything out. If your over the car sell it but id want 15K or more (personal opinion) but it may take 12 months to get the right buyer. If you can store it, maybe take it for a cruise every summer and enjoy the car then keep it tucked away safely.