Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp 5ltr starts and stalls

Kev ol bluedog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp 5ltr holden commodore utility
I start it goes for a few seconds then stalls. Have replaced iac ,tps , air temp sensor, injectors, fuel pressure regulator, checked fuel pump . Problem still remains.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Fuel filter?

Kev ol bluedog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have changed filter as well Mike . I haven't changed the fuel pressure damper on inlet side of fuel rail as yet but im led to believe its not that necessary . Its doin my head in .

Kev ol bluedog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Whats the history of it? Has it always done it?
Only started doin it 4weeks ago when i took it to the drags. Up until then its never had a problem . At the drags it seemed like it was flooding cos the spark plugs were wet and now its the opposite. Take plugs out and they're dry..

Last edited:

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
Coolant temp sensor,02 sensor,hall effect sensor in dizzy, ignition module, coil... Air leak inlet manifold....?????

Kev ol bluedog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coolant temp sensor,02 sensor,hall effect sensor in dizzy, ignition module, coil... Air leak inlet manifold....?????
Have replaced everything bar the hall effect sensor as i was led to believe the Vp 5ltr dizzy didnt have one?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
The VP V8 has a hall effect distributor. Next time this happens, get an old spark plug , open the gap to about 8mm, fit it to one of the HT plug leads , hold it against the block with an insulated screwdriver and see if you still get a spark.

If you get a spark the cause is probably in the fuel system, if not look at the electrics.