Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP broken into, attempted theft

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
those steering locks are a joke, 30 seconds to hack saw through the steering wheel and pop that **** right off...

there a deterrent and means extra time to get around it, with a bit of luck they'll move on to the car next to yours. its just extra **** that will slow them down, most people won't bother. Who's going to carry around a hacksaw? They won't becuase they no they can get cars without them. And obviously if someone wants your car bad enough they will get it. But for 15 bucks why not

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
which suburb if you dont mind me asking? Just had a mate turn uptoday and his roof is caved in from some wanker jumping on it.. It now has to have the whole roof cut off and new put on and the bonnet painted too..Its a wagon as well..

Just near Chadstone shopping center is where it happened. Just off Warrigal Road.

After going through everything that I took out of my car I've since discovered that they also took the key socket for the lock nuts on my wheels... Guess I'm lucky they didn't have any bricks on them. =\

vps231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS s2,Vp S, 180B SSS Project
Just near Chadstone shopping center is where it happened. Just off Warrigal Road.

After going through everything that I took out of my car I've since discovered that they also took the key socket for the lock nuts on my wheels... Guess I'm lucky they didn't have any bricks on them. =\

Get new lock nuts asap!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
there a deterrent and means extra time to get around it, with a bit of luck they'll move on to the car next to yours. its just extra **** that will slow them down, most people won't bother. Who's going to carry around a hacksaw? They won't becuase they no they can get cars without them. And obviously if someone wants your car bad enough they will get it. But for 15 bucks why not

9 of 10 car thrives that carry a backpack, along with hammer, screw driver, slim jim, and other weapons that might deter someone from interfering with their criminal efforts... ive seen a dude in the states break a window hack trough a steering wheel and screw driver the ignition in under a minute.... your better off using a brake lock...

Morticia

I aim to misbehave
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series 2
Vp and VN are always going to get broken into sadly. they are just too easy, make your own immobiliser tuck it somewhere where no one can see or are going to think is there and maybe get some after market locks and maybe alarm system.

Or alternatively just dont park it in the open in bad areas if you dont have the money for that kind of thing.

89vn_Jai

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exectutive
hi_ryder:1900586 said:
those steering locks are a joke, 30 seconds to hack saw through the steering wheel and pop that **** right off...

They are not a joke simply a deterent...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
No car is completely unstealable...there is always a way around everything.

nghie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
It sounds a little silly; but. What about relocating all of the ignition wiring and the barrel to another location? Somewhere odd...