Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais Air Conditioner water leaking in footwell

marky_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
I have a vn calais v8 and when running the air con get cold water leaking around the left foot area mainly when turning, havnt had any issues with the air con otherwise.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I have a vn calais v8 and when running the air con get cold water leaking around the left foot area mainly when turning, havnt had any issues with the air con otherwise.
I had that- the classic symptoms of a blocked evaporator drain.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Someone, not me, has drilled a finger size hole in the side of the heater box on the passenger side right down near the bottom. It's plugged with a tapered cork so it doesn't blow air during general use. With the plug out ` vDeedI can reach in with a finger and feel the top of the drain hole and feed a large cable tie DOWN the drain tube. A good mod. Much easier than doing it from below.
A `blocked drain tube is the likely cause of the OP's problem.HOWEVER, if tempted to drill an access hole as above, I recommend ensuring the heater box is drained FIRST. A week or 2 ago I noticed some water in the footwell after a drive and pulled the plug to clear the drain and about a litre of water gushed out into the passenger side footwell. That wouldn't be a good mix with an electric drill.
Can you post a photo of the hole? I plan to drill one and try cleaning the evaporator drain tube from above.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
20221106_105132_resized.jpg

The hole is normally just above the round bit that goes through the trans tunnel.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Thanks Losh. I'll have a look tomorrow.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
View attachment 244637

The hole is normally just above the round bit that goes through the trans tunnel.
Drilled the hole. Needed a 1.6mm wire with a tightly looped end to clear down to the outlet alongside the transmission. If I did this again I'd drill the hole 10mm to the right.
The hole is plugged with a 1/2 inch blank grommet.

Attachments

• 20221122_122131-Rev1.jpg
    20221122_122131-Rev1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 81