Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Exhaust V6

Sandst4rm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais Ecotec - VP Ute 3800
Thought you guys might enjoy this short clip with the new DEA exhaust I got to help legality after my SH 40$ muffler snapped in half.

New hangers on there as well. The setup is Pacemaker extractors with Pacemaker Y pipe onto Unknown brand 2.5inch cat SH and onto new DEA exhaust.

The motor is still misfiring because valve 5 has burnt out after having valve 1 recut. However I'm going to rebuild the engine starting september when the rego runs out because there is an engine knock for 0.7s before oil pressure comes up (only when cold). So I will be doing bearings, timing chain, rings, cam etc.

I will probably not do new pistons but we'll see - unknown if i'll need the crank ground but I don't think so.

I have NOS iron heads for VN S1 I will be putting on with double valve springs preinstalled. My block is VN S1 with VP S2 parts.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I think mang is probably the closest thing imaginable to the brown note.

As much as I think V6's should be seen and not heard, I'm liking your future plans to keep it well maintained.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had an early V6 and after dropping a few dollars on it, it was no slouch on that nice light Gen II body. I had the heads ported and it really cleaned up the way it run when you hit the go pedal. For a V6 it sounded OK too, with a new Redback cat back with resi, Pacies, HRRs and a Mace CAI. It sounded pretty average when I first got it as all it had was a centre muffler and no resi.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It honestly doesn't sound too bad at the lower revs... Is there a turbo build coming for this car?

Sandst4rm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais Ecotec - VP Ute 3800
Haha nah, probably a charger if I boost it because I don't want to have to get custom exhaust manifolds.
Will not be changing rods or pistons either so would only run about 5 pound anyway just to bring it up to ecotec power; or L67 with a slightly bigger cam.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
How many members remember the Formular Holden open wheeler racing series ?
Buick/Holden V6s that did not have the mang sound that is associated with hotted Commodores.
Must have been hit with Larry Perkins' magic wand.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
How many members remember the Formular Holden open wheeler racing series ?
Buick/Holden V6s that did not have the mang sound that is associated with hotted Commodores.
Must have been hit with Larry Perkins' magic wand.
I've always wondered... What gives the Buick V6's that "mang" sound? Is it the way the engine is designed?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I've always wondered... What gives the Buick V6's that "mang" sound? Is it the way the engine is designed?
The harmonics set up by exhaust vibrations to the P plates attached loosely to the front bumper and bootlid.
Very complicated physics that only John Cadogan can explain.