Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Security system - Need help

VPXXX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Just purchased a 93' VP commodore S and I'm wondering what's the deal with the standard security/immobiliser system.
How do I go about turning the system off, located in the passengers door jam. Do I need a specific key?
Just as one of my remotes is fully flat and the other one is dying quickly and have been told it's quite costly to get the batteries replaced and retuned.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Cheers

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Zardi Key is what you will need to turn it off, the remotes don't need retuning & will not lose memory when you change the battery. The batteries are standard A23 (look like a mini version of a AAA) & are $5 or so from anywhere - even the supermarket. The place for info is Mongoose . There is a blue variable resistor where you can adjust the frequency & your remotes should be on 303.6 mhz. New remotes from Mongoose come complete with cases for 90 or so if need be - just need the original code which is printed on a white label inside the existing remote control. Their phone number is 07 3344 7611 for more info.

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
We got a new alarm fitted to our vp calais n are using a new remote of course but the vp didnt come with the key to turn off the immobiliser so what we had to do was to call rams key cutting place n head down with the car , ur drivers licence and a copy if ur registration papers to prove u own the car n rams will call holden and get the right code for u n make u a key to turn it off ... I think it cost $40 . If not u will be walking around with two remotes . And yes the battery cost $5 . To be safe if you don't intend to get an after market alarm then the market will copy that info from ur current remote to a new one but u will still need to turn the immobiliser off .