Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LeighGray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 Ute
Hey guys bit of a weird one. I have a VP V6 manual ute that misfires under load while taking aggressive left corners but is fine going right. Also sometimes does it during heavy acceleration from a stop
The utes just had a refresh and the following parts have been replaced
Intake gaskets
Head gaskets
Exhaust gaskets
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Spark plugs
O² Sensor

Fuel tank is half full also

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Loose wiring or electrical gear? Engine mounts tight?

LeighGray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 Ute
Loose wiring or electrical gear? Engine mounts tight?

As far as i know everything is tight as i have just put the engine in, i replaced all damaged terminals/earths and cleaned all plugs

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
The swirl pot might have broken away inside the fuel tank. This provided a buffer of fuel to the fuel suction line during hard cornering and acceleration. Does it still miss with a full tank?

LeighGray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive V6 Ute
The swirl pot might have broken away inside the fuel tank. This provided a buffer of fuel to the fuel suction line during hard cornering and acceleration. Does it still miss with a full tank?
Can't say I've tried with a full tank but i understand what your saying. It did seem intact when i put the new pump in but anythings possible. Just has me stumped as even then the fuel is moving to the right side of the tank which is where the pump is, but turning right (fuel moves to left side of tank, away from the pickup) its fine.
Ill fill it up later and give it a try

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I agree with you on the fuel movement- but running a test with a full tank is easy to try.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Maybe do an engine cut after it happens- switch the engine straight off after it starts missing, unscrew the plugs and inspect the tips. If the tips are wet the plugs are missing and the fault is probably electrical.

I hate intermittent faults.