Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP/VS Ute

oohitsLUCAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
I've been a member on here for a while but still not sure if i should really make this a build thread, as its going to take a while to build through and work up to my main goal as there are many obsticals i must pass before i can reach that , such as apprentice wages and p-plates.

But anyway, ive got a VP ute which for some reason the people i bought it off put a VS front end on it ( lights, guards and front bar ), and it looks pritty well done, but it also means ive got a VP interior . But lucky the tray end is the same. Im currently running a 3.8ltr v6 standard as possible.

ive got one main problem, with all the rain in sydney at the moment my cabin ( only passanger side ) has filled with water and the carpet has absorbed it, damaging the carpet, anyone heard and could maybe think of a reason for this to happen

Well anyway some plans for the future, maybe u could lead me in the right direction if i say something wrong after all im not a expert at this yet .
well here you go:

- Hard Back Bucket Seats ( possibly Recaro or Sparco - any ideas of other nice good seats )
- New Speakers Everywhere
- Tacho and other guages ( Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Vaultage etc )
- VX Maloo Kit ( with Sports Bar )
- 355 Stroker ( maybe twin turbo if i can figure out the pipe work etc. - any help would be nice )
- New Carpet!!! :L
- Surge Tank
- Window Tints
- Air Bags
- Sports Steering Wheel and other interior stuff.

Any other cool ideas, maybe post up pictures and guides etc and ill look into it.
( im gonna try upload some pictures below of her )

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 4,967
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 842

oohitsLUCAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hey Guys, just thought id do a little portfolio thing that most people do on there build thread to give you guys a good heads up of what is already done and what is for the future

Name: Lucas
Model: VS Ute
Colour: White
Bodykit: none
Engine Type: 3.8ltr
Engine Mods: Stock
Brakes: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Diff: LSD ( not sure of ratio )
Gearbox: 5 Speed Manual ( v6 t5 )
Suspension: Stock
Wheels: 15" Lieing around house.
Interior: Stock
Stereo: Pioneer Headunit ( Old School ), 4" Clarions in Dash, 6" Pioneer on shelf behind

oohitsLUCAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Ok guys, well not much notice has been shown here, hopefully when things start coming some attention may be shown to this, but anyway i need some help with my research, ive been researching and putting a to do list of future mods together. So here we go:

Sound:
Kenwood KDC-U449 Car USB CD Tuner
2x Fusion CP-AS1080 Active 8" Super Slim Enclosure
Soundsrteam PCC.6N Picasso - 6.5" Component Speaker = ( 125 RMS ) with tweeters
Soundstream SST6.5 Tarantula - 6.5" Speakers ( 120 RMS )
Soundstream SST4.0 Tarantula - 4.0" Speakers ( 85 RMS )

Notes:
So here you can see i've got a few ites put down for stereo and i figured out how they are going to be installed, you probably noticed i did not put down a Amplifier as im not sure of what im going to as far as them, cause ive got no clue how amps work , all that happens is a whole heap of numbers come up . Any Help ?

Body Work:
Im looking at converting it to look like a VX maloo, and ive found 2 places which have the body kit conversion. Although 'Spoiler Shop' is very expensive so ive included prices in the following :-
SPOILER SHOP
VR-S to VX Maloo Ute Side Skirts = $595.00
VR-S to VX Maloo Ute Rear Bumper = $995.00
CARMATE
Holden Commodore VR VS Ute " CSVX-VR Style " Front Bar = $382.95
Universal Accessories Fog Lights " 80mm-Oval Style" Fog Lights = $101.95
Holden Commodore VR VS Ute " Mal-S Style" Rear Wing = $358.95
Holden Commodore VR VS Ute " Monaro2-VR Style" Bonnet = $501.95

Im not to sure about the monaro bonnet so maybe give me some feed back on that ?

Motor:
I havnt found much out about motor stuff. as it is the last of my worries at the moment, as im in no rush to convert it and really want to take my time with the build and get it perfect, im aiming for a 355 Stroker Twin Turbo. Ive heard alot of people doing it or attempting it but havnt seen many finished projects. Ive got some stuff sorted out but need some help figuring out a good quality Stroker Kit and set of Cams.

Well guys this is all ive really come up with so yeah hopefuly some interest.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Look's like an interesting build mate.
Make sure to keep us updated with pictures, I'll be sure to watch this space.
Best ute to work on, I'm not bias though.