Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr 5lt questions

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
Yes, the vacuum module on the back of the fuel rail on the drivers side is the regulator. The line goes to the back of the intake manifold. There are two spiggots, one smaller than the other, it goes to that one. If you pull the vacuum line off the regulator and it has fuel in it, then the regulator is stuffed and will be pumping fuel into the intake manifold. Shouldn't stop it running though, will just be over fuelling at idle. My money is on the pump.

im starting to lean towards pump myself, im just looking around at the moment to find somewhere that hires out pressure testers so i can test the fuel pressure, when the car turns on (reds come on) you can hear hte pump, it's rather quiet. when you remove the fuel line before the regulator on the passenger side you can visibly see the fuel coming out, it comes out a fair bit but doesn't appear to have any pressure behind it. so i will see what comes of the pressure test and take it from there. we sprayed some start ya bastard in there for shits and giggles before and it almost had it. im going to take a video of it trying to go and put it up on the internets.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What condition is the fuel filter in ?

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
What condition is the fuel filter in ?
You know I'm actually not sure. I haven't looked at the rear of the beast. I'm tied up with work stuff for the next few days. I'll check this out on Saturday.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I was going to say check the filter too, but I've never had a filter block up so much that the car wouldn't at least start. I've had them die under revs, but never at idle. That's why I reckon fuel pump. If someone has buggered around with the fuel lines, maybe they have them on the wrong way?

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
i dont think the lines are backwards. would be pretty epic if they are. fuel goes into the passanger side fuel rail first, then flows out at the pressure regulator, one hose is long, other is short before they hit the steel pipes.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yeah, that's the right way round.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
One wonders why so many components have let out the magical smoke.......

I'd think at some stage something was hooked up incorrectly causing a power surge in the electrical system. I'd try another PCM as that too may have let out a little of that magical electrical smoke that makes all electrical components work.

What sort of condition is the harmonic balancer in? It may have spun meaning the timing is now out. Might need to pull of the rocker cover and ensure the timing mark corresponds with the No1 cylinder been on the compression stroke. Hell the dizzy might just be 180 degrees out......

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeap, that's what I was thinking, check balancer and pull rocker cover and check every thing after you know it's at tdc

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Might need to pull of the rocker cover and ensure the timing mark corresponds with the No1 cylinder been on the compression stroke. Hell the dizzy might just be 180 degrees out......

No, no, no!!! Don't remove the rocker cover. It's a real bugger to get back on - especially the one on the driver side. Just had to replace a rocker cover gasket on the wife's VS Clubsport and it's a bugger to get the bolt nearest to the firewall back in and tightened. Just put your finger (or someone else's finger) in the No.1 spark plug hole (after removing the spark plug obviously) and you should be able to feel when the No.1 cylinder is on its compression stroke and go from there.