Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR commodore manual keeps stalling

Neigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
Have you checked fuel pump relays? Are they the correct ones?

Are there any fuel pump fuses?

What about injector relays fuses?
Yep all of those have been checked and changed

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Have you checked for fault codes when it stalls and won't re-start?

Reactions: Lex

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
If you have tried everything as suggested by everyone. Remove the fuel hose from the injector rail( after you have depressurised fuel system first) and run the hose to a large enough fuel container. Bridge the fuel pump relay so when you turn ignition to ON position ( not start ), the fuel pump will continuously run pumping fuel into drum. Watch how much fuel comes out of hose for at least 2-5 mins. If fuel flow starts to decrease or stops, you know you have crap( rust) in your tank blocking the basket filter. Make sure battery is fully charged prior to this procedure.

Neigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
If you have tried everything as suggested by everyone. Remove the fuel hose from the injector rail( after you have depressurised fuel system first) and run the hose to a large enough fuel container. Bridge the fuel pump relay so when you turn ignition to ON position ( not start ), the fuel pump will continuously run pumping fuel into drum. Watch how much fuel comes out of hose for at least 2-5 mins. If fuel flow starts to decrease or stops, you know you have crap( rust) in your tank blocking the basket filter. Make sure battery is fully charged prior to this procedure.
No fuel comes out only sometimes and it’s a little bit when I was starting it yesterday I couldn’t hear the fuel pump at all was wondering if the bcs could do it I have herd that it can lock the fuel for anti theft mode I’m putting my 5 ltr in it today on Carby setup won’t have that problem now

Pomandrew

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS VE Berlina VF Comm
Nobody (myself included) mentioned the fuel filter..? Kinda assumed that was replaced at some stage..hopefully with the sealing plugs removed

Reactions: Lex