Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Custom Interiors?

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
lol Sorry guys. that reply was to Kritikal but i didn't realize so many messages came after and therefore didn't put a reference.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Usually all I've done is:
Remove part, lightly sand back so original paint is starting to fade away, and you have a smoothened surface..

Give a quick wipe over with Metho, to rid the plastic of any remaining oils etc.

Spray 3-4-5 coats of paint colour, making sure it's thick, but smooth.

Spray 3-4 max coats of acrylic enamel.
works wonders.

binkztarr

2DA-PUB
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Frandy said:
binkztarr...how many coates of paint u put on?? just sprayed? then how many coates of clear??

i took it out and gave it all 1 coat of primer and then one coat of 2 pack gloss enamel, came up a treat ey,

VRAddiction

its never fast enough
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS Manual Ute
BT1 VR said:
Seriously that is the tackiest/ugliest interior I have ever seen in a VR. :whistling Looks like someone couldn't make up their mind on what colours to use, so they tried a bit of everything. Here's my interior, simple but effective. No one has had a bad word to say about it yet.

:wax:

im sorry but i have to agree, it looks like a matchbox toy. but as long as you can take critisism thats good!

just the standard is fine with silver looks good but its not like WOW LOOK AT ME.....does anyone get me?!? lol

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Mine is getting some... adjustments, well.. an overhaul should I say. Already in the planning stages.

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
VRaddiction : yeah no worries, the advice makes sense. Yeah the silver would like modern, different but like you say not Wow Look at me..

got spare panels and consoles coming this week so will try the silver in a larger amount with satin black knobs. Also want to try a soft cream/yellow suede look on one or two pieces to see if it looks better than the silver but silver so far is my most preferred. Will have money soon to do better mods to the car like extractors, tinting etc etc. The cold air intake already makes a big difference to performance, even better than the pod filter I have.
thinking of putting pod filter inside airbox connected to the CAI !

Thanks anyway everyone for the advice and still want to see more pics of peoples interiors

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
what if u wanted to change ur interior can ya just rough sand it back, prime and paint ur new colour on? i wanna go with black and chrome. i went to the paint shop otherday and the chrome finish they got that comes out of a can is bullshit it looks so neat like it had been dipped. $27 a can tho

VRAddiction

its never fast enough
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SS Manual Ute
syndosis you gotta post the pics when your done!! :)

at the end of the day tho its your car and if you like it then thats what counts!

i will take pictures of my roof tonight and post them......its black and has down lights.....looks good i thinks....but need to get a dimmer installed as there REALLY bright lol

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
downlights.. man that gotta be bright..lol
I will post pics soon as I get my camera going again and when the color changes.

Kritikal. If sanding back some of the panels from a Vr, maybe same with VS.. not sure. the panels like door etc have a texture so you will flatten it all off if you sand and will look damaged even after painting.. A good primer though is best as that puts a new layer between any paint that was there and gets it ready/primed for the next coat of diff paint.. What I am doing to move from one color to next.
If your surfaces are flat no texture then yeah a very very fine sand then prime and paint would work too.