Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Transmission fault & flat spot! Urgent need help!

rickylhall

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Sedan Executive S2
Hey guys, im having a few problems with my VR at the moment. I'm a 1st year apprentice mechanic so obviously i don't know everything there is about engines just yet.
I do know the basics though..

Anyway the problems are,

1) I've got a flat spot just as i go to take off or when i rev it, it nearly konks out at the start of each acceleration.... but after that its fine.
Its just that little bit when i take off, its getting really annoying. At first i thought it might of been the fuel filter but i checked that.

2) Also i now have to rev the car a lot more for it to change gear. its almost like it hasn't got trans fluid, but I've been checking every week
and the fluid level is where it should be. I should also add that I recently gave her a full service as i thought that might fix it, the transmission doesn't slip at all either.
The problems started happening at the same time so it might be possible if i fix one thing it will fix the other. but that's just an assumption.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated & any help would be wonderful!

Things ive tried to resolve these problems are,:

1) change idle sensor
2) full service

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Are there any error codes? You can try giving the TPS a clean, If still no luck with either and no fault codes have been lodged I would say start saving your pennies for a new Transmission.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah ide be looking at error codes and the TPS sensor its probably got a dead spot at the start of its movement causing a stumble and eratic gearbox operation

rickylhall

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Sedan Executive S2
thanks guys, il definitly be doing an error check tomorrow. Il let yous know what the go is