Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
very tidy ss mate!, was she stock when you went down the 1/4? thought ya wouldve got at least 14.2-14.5. my v6 did 15.3 but even i was ####in impressed

Only had the top end done and shift kitted trans. no cam nor stroker yet. the lights were a bit off that day, i red lit on a .230 or something. It was absolute bull!! so I don't know if that was affecting full 1/4 times or not.
Anyway, I'll hopefully get it back down this coming fathers day for a better run.

F.Y.I: half a second is a fair few car lengths at the finish line.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
oh true, haha nah i know that im not havin a go man lol there was a vt ss i was up against and he was running like 15.00 i was so close to getting him would have been good haha
mind you i had stage 2 shif kit, 1:9:1 rockers, 69mm throttle body, CAI, 2.5in with extractors, memcal chip, and plenum spacers in a ute so would have helped

Being a v6 ute probably saved you a decent amount of weight over your opposition's (as long as you could get traction)
all other gen2 commodores (SS & HSV) that were racing the same day as me were only running low 15's. (except a supercharged VS wagon running high 13's)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I have heard some lights are setup to red light if you go below .400, because thats the human reaction time or something lol IDK haven't hit the strip since this time last year, but I would this all light should be anything more than .00 and your right.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I have heard some lights are setup to red light if you go below .400, because thats the human reaction time or something lol IDK haven't hit the strip since this time last year, but I would this all light should be anything more than .00 and your right.

I know what you mean. the interval for the yellows is usually .400 between each one.
When i'm racing the bike I usually average R/T between .050 and .150 on a good day. I even got a .001 once.
At fathers day drags last year I thought I was useless getting R/T's of 0.5 and 0.6 so then really cut it good and red lit on a .300ish Made me all :ranting: and :mad: and :bang: and :realangry
they were more like :nopity:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I did a few runs at the old Ravenswood drag track over here many years ago in my VK. The perfect reaction time on their setup was 0.400. I managed a 0.42 and a 0.39 one day with the 0.39 being a red.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hey Mate,

I missed your thread, good to see the car is coming along.

You have a PM :)