Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
It's just a Launch/Traction barrier holding the car back.

My Bike does flat 13's @ 101.6mph. But it has no issue's with traction and launches (I think around 1.8 60's with a wheel up)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, often easy on first until at least halfway through the rpm band. If I can change 4th gear ratio in the Gearbox, then I am keen to try different diff gears. I just don't want to highway cruise over 2000rpm. (sits around 1900 at the moment)
I knew traction would suck today on the 225's, but I did not want to break anything 2weeks out from Fathers Day Drags. That's why we were gunning for a good MPH.

I had at least 3 runs where 60ft's were at the 2.3range.

Big skids are for drag slicks, Not really necessary for street tyres at street pressure. Just a quickin to clear any dirt/dust off.

Can't do nothing about the gearbox ratio's unfortunately. 3.45 gears will increase engine rpm by approx 200 for the same road speed. With standard gearing/wheels you should be doing approx 1800rpm @ 100km/h. Maybe your tacho or speedo is out a bit?

It's just a Launch/Traction barrier holding the car back.

My Bike does flat 13's @ 101.6mph. But it has no issue's with traction and launches (I think around 1.8 60's with a wheel up)

Definitely, hopefully in 2 weeks the track will be prepped a bit better.

Don't you have a lockup converter?

Should do.

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Any Videos?
Congratz on the new PB and it sounds like you should be in the 13's.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Can't do nothing about the gearbox ratio's unfortunately. 3.45 gears will increase engine rpm by approx 200 for the same road speed. With standard gearing/wheels you should be doing approx 1800rpm @ 100km/h. Maybe your tacho or speedo is out a bit?

Definitely, hopefully in 2 weeks the track will be prepped a bit better.

Should do.

Stink about gearbox ratio's, but I think I could handle 2000-2100 on the open road. Not sure about Tacho, but my speedo is out a bit. I am running 25.7" OD wheels instead of the stock 25.3"

I think that they VHT the track for Fathers Day Drags. but I'm not sure (might email the track manager to check)

It does. 1994 was the first year for it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah, they will definitely VHT the track, have too with some of the high HP cars that will be running :)

I'll try and get time of work for it.

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Well done Deuce on your new PB!
your burnout and launches sounded harder on your last 2 runs... or maybe that was just cos the dump pipe was on then.
they do VHT the fathers day event, i'm not sure if is done in the morning, but they've traditionally sprayed it at the lunch break....so you might get your 13.
was good to catch up again, the 355 with dump pipe sounds awesome.

great to meet Immortality and Jonah101 too. mini JC meet. and Jonah with a PB too! well done, but shame bout the gearbox, hope you get that sorted nice and easy. a few more runs and Jonah would have lowered that time, the track was getting better all day.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Well that's good news.
Wider tyres + sticky track + more work on the tune should see a good improvement in results.