Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 Comm, Due to re Gas the Air Con

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
There is no such thing as a regas
What I mean is vacuuming out the old gas and replace it with new refrigerant. But yea I get you, I had none in mine as it all leaked out putting a hole in the ozone layer.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
There is no such thing as a regas, it's a sealed system, if it needs gas it's because something is rooted, it needs repairing and regassing afterwards.

Fancy ac machines are definitely not required, we've used them at work and always go back to a basic trolley setup with manifold/gauge set, vac pump, recovery unit, scales and ac gas/nitrogen bottles etc. Simple and reliable.

I've only ever done ac on the same vehicles, 70 series Landcruisers due to working in an underground mine and in my experience the difference in variances of oil one to the next has had no measurable effect on operation, ie measuring to the exact ml of oil is not the end of the world.
Yea I can tell you actually do this in real life instead of repeating what you've read on a forum with no actual knowledge on the subject.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
What I mean is vacuuming out the old gas and replace it with new refrigerant. But yea I get you, I had none in mine as it all leaked out putting a hole in the ozone layer.
R134a does not impact the ozone layer ffs it is an environmental hazzard which is why arctick is moving to r1234yf. r134a like I said is synthetic so it does not deteriorate which is why it's being phased out. Now leave me alone.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
R134a does not impact the ozone layer ffs it is an environmental hazzard which is why arctick is moving to r1234yf. r134a like I said is synthetic so it does not deteriorate which is why it's being phased out. Now leave me alone.
Mine had r12 so yes it did, but I suppose you weren't born when that was still available... :confused:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Mine had r12 so yes it did, but I suppose you weren't born when that was still available... :confused:
You said VR- VS? did you not? R12 was only used in VK bacwards I can't remember if VL used it but I think not.

You're lieing again. I've seen a pattern, once you know you're out of your depth you resite google and then start lieing. You're a bum.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You said VR- VS? did you not? R12 was only used in VK bacwards I can't remember if VL used it but I think not.

You're lieing again. I've seen a pattern, once you know you're out of your depth you resite google and then start lieing. You're a bum.
Lol, r12 was used up till the end of 1994 and was still available for a few years if you knew a guy of a guy, might of being my VR but I was sure my 95 VS had it, my memory not good but I know my VR had r12 in it.
hyChill is colder and cheaper to do but I was told it damages the system, 134a isn't as cold. Before the hi-chill leaked out my wrist would ache as it was so cold it doesn't do it with 134a.

Last edited: