Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 running lean.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Getting three codes all to do with the 02 sensor. I have 13 no signal, 44 running lean and 56 running lean under load. What causes this and can it be fixed?

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Do a pcm reset..you may get strange reading after the extractor have been put on till pcm adjust params..A reset will just make it start from scratch..If you still have the codes after that..you will need diag cable to check things like injector duty cycle ect...and to see what the O2 sensor is doing ..it maybe just a dodgie one as the 13 error code needs to be fixed before the others can be addressed

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Brand new Delphi 02 sensor and had the code prior to fitting the new one and the issue remained after install. I reckon I had leaking manifolds prior to fitting the headers as there was a lot of black carbon on the rear outlets on both sides, yet plugs were clean as. The rest of the gasket was clean. I have just done reset. Not sure when I will drive the ute next might not be until next week. Weird to me that the 02 is saying no signal, yet it's also saying it is running lean. I don't get how if it has no signal how it can give the latter info.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Intermittent fault...code 13 is logged then o2 wakes up and starts sending data..then other errors because the pcm tries to compensate ...loop...gets worse(or better) the more you change

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So does that mean the the 02 sensor is working? I mentioned a few weeks ago that my economy was around 13lph. Therefore I'd say it must be working but like you say Wozza something is triggering a fault for a second and then comes good. Short of taking the ute to a auto sparky i am of the impression i will have to live with the code 13. Does running lean explain why I got such good economy on 100km back to Town? I have read that it is not uncommon for VPs and VRs to have an intermittent code 13.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
They can struggle to get to temperature fast enough in long tube headers.did you fit the new sensor after running the headers for a while first as the coating can kill sensors.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They can struggle to get to temperature fast enough in long tube headers.did you fit the new sensor after running the headers for a while first as the coating can kill sensors.
no never knew i had too. Are you saying the pot belly black paint i used on the headers can mess with the sensor.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
If they were 2nd hand they don't need run in thought they were new.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sensor for a few months has given me a code 13. I replaced it and then cleared the codes a couple of months ago but the code came back. This was on old stock exhaust. Forgot to reset ecu after i fitted the new headers. For all i know now code 13 might have been resolved. But need a decent drive of like 20 to 30km before the CEL appears and goes away a minute later. Don't want to drive 30km just because I can, rather wait for a day where I need to use the car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted