Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 caprice over fuelling

Pudgie Kels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s gen 111 one tonner 2004
Gents I have a VR v8 Caprice and when it starts it idles ok and then fuels up I have changed dizzy rotor button Leeds plugs pressure regulator maf sensor flow meter and its sensors and even a new computer, no faults come up on the Scan tool today I have ordered a new temp sensor has anyone had the same issues and how did you fix it .? any help would be much appreciated thanks Mitchell

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
What do you mean by "fuels up"? What are the specific symptoms? Stalling? Black Smoke out of exhaust? Something else?

Given the number of things you have changed, I would be inclined to check out your injectors.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
You've thrown the parts cannon at it but not looked at the most obvious thing. Injectors.

Pudgie Kels

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gents I have a VR v8 Caprice and when it starts it idles ok and then fuels up I have changed dizzy rotor button Leeds plugs pressure regulator maf sensor flow meter and its sensors and even a new computer, no faults come up on the Scan tool today I have ordered a new temp sensor has anyone had the same issues and how did you fix it .? any help would be much appreciated thanks Mitchell
I Have also changed the Injectors and it starts up and idles okay for about 10 seconds then just starts blowing black smoke out of the exhaust and then runs rough

Pudgie Kels

Reaction score
Members Ride
You've thrown the parts cannon at it but not looked at the most obvious thing. Injectors.
yes I have changed the injectors sorry I forgot to mention that even stuck a camera in the inlet manifold to see if any thing was wrong and it has 40psi fuel pressure when running

Pudgie Kels

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate you are correct I checked the numbers on the injectors which we already had thought was an issue after checking fuel pressure vacuum and fuel regulator, keep in mind I only purchased this car a couple of months ago and it blew black smoke when I drove it onto the trailer but it had a blown exhaust gasket hence I thought to much air more fuel black smoke? well after we have done the timing and it runs a bit better I have found it has a big cam in it and 370cc Injectors, what the ??? it also has a Bobs hot up chip, The plot is starting to thicken !! my understanding is that a standard 304 runs 204cc Injectors and a HSV runs 220cc injectors and mine is running 370cc injectors, yes I have thrown money at it but most the Items were consumables and needed, the next question is what size injectors should it have and presently I have no details about the rebuild.
I must say I have learnt a lot in the last week, most my cars have Carby's
Thanks for your comments they were helpful
Mitchell

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Mate, why do you waste the time of forum members by not providing complete information in your first post? 370cc injectors and a big cam are vital information if you expect to get any sensible help. Standard Holden vt,vx,vy,v2 ls1 GTS (300kw): 0 280 155 890 injectors are 300cc.

Pudgie Kels

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate, why do you waste the time of forum members by not providing complete information in your first post? 370cc injectors and a big cam are vital information if you expect to get any sensible help. Standard Holden vt,vx,vy,v2 ls1 GTS (300kw): 0 280 155 890 injectors are 300cc.
When I first started the car it ran like a dog and I did not notice the cam it wasn't until I replaced all the ignition system and timed it, then we noticed the big cam, It was then that I looked at the fuel system/pressure and chased up the part number of the injectors, which are advertised on Ebay to fit a 304/355 but also supercharged six I then chased up the size of a standard injector which I have been told is 204cc or 220cc for a HSV, please keep in mind this is the first time i have played with an injected V8 so today I have ordered a set of standard 204cc Injectors and it should run better.
Thanks for your comments
Mitchell