Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Vs Nos Washer Bottle Vdo Genuine Gm New

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
the wonderful people car blokes have to put up with. Why I cant work on older cars the tosser factor once it needs parts. holdens seam to attract the most tossers

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Somebody on the NOS Farcebook group want $49 for "HSV build plate rivets". Apparently they were different to the rivets on plain Dunnydores.
Rares now selling the flower head rivets ;)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
"Price Gougers Unlimited"

I should put up all the ones I've got and then I'll be able to retire soon.

I have absolutely no idea as to why the radiator surge tanks were reproduced when these safety items are left way behind and we keep getting told they are in the pipeline.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
"Price Gougers Unlimited"

I should put up all the ones I've got and then I'll be able to retire soon.

I have absolutely no idea as to why the radiator surge tanks were reproduced when these safety items are left way behind and we keep getting told they are in the pipeline.
Exactly and the surge tanks don't really wear out..... And they don't have necks that snap because the sun gets exposed to that one spot on the neck that causes them to become brittle like a washer bottle does.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Exactly and the surge tanks don't really wear out..... And they don't have necks that snap because the sun gets exposed to that one spot on the neck that causes them to become brittle like a washer bottle does.
Yes the surge tanks are made of a much more robust plastic. They only discolour which isn't the end of the world while the washer bottle is a safety item that aids the cleaning of the windscreen to ensure 100% visibility. That's certainly far more important in the grander scheme of things.