Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr/vs Ute Subwoofer Enclosure

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i went to my car audio guy and he sudjested i use something different, theres a new 12" sub on the market that is half the size of a normal sub it dosent sit back as far so i can be fairly easily flush mounted with a custom box on the back panel of the cab in the ute without sticking out to far, was really considering it

PerceptionTwin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
'94 VR UTE
are ya talking about the pioneer ones?..

i know ppl with them in newer model (vu upwards) in small boxes behind the seats. but dont think they would fit anywhere in the cab of ya vs

voltmeter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III executive ute
In the compartment mentioned, i have an air horn, and rather alot of wiring (side skirt lighting... etc etc). I was told that you could fit a 10" sub behind the seat,
without too much worries, but i dont seem to be able to find the room. Has anyone attempted this?

I have 2 verry nice rockford fosgate plastic cone 6x9 speakers, and am wondering if people had put 6x9 enclosures of any description behind the head rests or under seats etc etc. I know that this may have been covered, but cant find anything similar in previous posts.

cheers guys, and sorry to ask possibly anoying questions!!!

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
ute'r'us, do you have the dimensions of your sub box, n where on the box did you mount the woofer, and i have heard of the bass affectiong the accuracy of the fuel guage, any feedback on that?

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
just thought i would reignite this thread if possible i have also looked into the sub in my vs ute getting a qoute today of $550 for the Soundstream sub, Soundstream amp, wiring and fibreglass ported box and $100 for the install. I'm thinking this is a fairly resonable price, those who have installed a sub in the same place or looked into it could you please give me some feed back and your opinions before i commit to it

VX-Philly-VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 3.8 ute
Hey guys, New here but im too lazy to to find a way, but has anyone heard of people puttin subs behind the seats of a vx ute?

Cheers guys,

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
vu ute i think u mean lol :p i have a mate who has one, cause of the vu - vz's extra space behind the seats compared to the vg - vs series a skinny sub (eg pioneer skinny sub kind) are often utilised. Im pretty sure a box next to the fuel tank can also be used similar to what is in mine and a range of other vs utes. I think i recall reading an article in a magazine not to long ago. Try seeing your local specialty stereo shop and they will have a variety of solutions for u

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Ute
hey guys... for those of u who are looking for a way to put a subby in the cab instead of putting it in the hole next to the fuel tank.. u can easily cut a hole in the space between the cab and tray and put it in there... its where mine is.. sticks out about 400mm in to they tray and the face sticks in to the cab..., best bass eva :p

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
cutting a hole in that space is illegal and also makes the car unroadworthy and most important is very unsafe. Making an L shaped box that sits next the fuel tank with a 4 inch port through the vent is highly recomended.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Ute
I checked with my insurance agency and the WA police before i put it in... they said if it re-enforced properly and i got it checked out afterwards it was legal and still insurable..... i had to put in a cpl steel supports but was defs worth it.....