Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs 0-100 times

AnthsVSLexcen

Reaction score
on my 0-100, i got 6.72 using a g-tech that was set up correctly and on level ground. Mods done are 2.5 inch exhaust, pacemaker extractors, CAI, K&N filter, LSD diff with 3.9 gears, Performance Chip. And i have tryed on several occasions and different areas and still get consistant 6's.

Attachments

• 6-72 (0-100).jpg
    6-72 (0-100).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 6-75 (0-100).jpg
    6-75 (0-100).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 133

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
AnthsVSLexcen said:
on my 0-100, i got 6.72 using a g-tech that was set up correctly and on level ground. Mods done are 2.5 inch exhaust, pacemaker extractors, CAI, K&N filter, LSD diff with 3.9 gears, Performance Chip. And i have tryed on several occasions and different areas and still get consistant 6's.

More Toyota Holdens with the Power!: ) I see a trend happening here

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
UNR8D said:
hmm i think alot of you need a wake up call and go to willowbank, if your running 7 sec's in a stock VS N/A you are on some seriously happy drugs.

9.2 was recorded for auto ecotech back in 96' and 8.8 for the manual 0-100 times auto was an exec manual was a S pack.

they run 16.3-16.5sec stock down the qtr, so i dont see how your dropping almost 2 seconds by just 'good launches' ....

raced a few stock/modded ecotech's even sc v6's and i will chew them after 60kmh im doing 7.3 sec 0-100 when broken down from my timeslips at willowbank.

im in brissy happy to get a willo meet going, or have a play with some from the lights hehe:p

Chew S/C VS 6? Nice try.

sheldo86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRS2 Berlina 3.8
Brand new 16" tyres
Driver + nothing else in the car and half a tank of fuel.
V6 3.8L VR
SS Inductions CAI, 2.5" Cat Back, Hi-Tech Extractors, K & N filter, No Bell mouth and well looked after. 240000 Kms on the clock.

I get anywhere between 7.8 - 8.4 seconds to 100
Majority of times are around the 8.00 second mark.

When I add a person (front passenger) times increase by 0.2 to 0.4 seconds.

'Hotmix' road seems to give a little better traction off the line and seem to achieve slightly better times when timing on hotmix.

Colder nights and mornings also give better engine performance due to increased density of inspired air, however this performance gain seems to be all but lost due to the fact that the car has a larger mass of air to displace per unit time to this density increase.

These times are using is using a stopwatch.

The lowest reaction time possible by a human from a visual cue to a physical response is 0.1 s.
This error of 0.1s occurs by both on the commencement of timing and cessation of timing. So a total error of at least (plus or minus) 0.2s must be taken into account for the human factor alone.

Other errors must also be taken into account, most importantly, the accuracy of the speedometer on the car that you are timing.

Accuracy of the stopwatch is probably not an issue when comparing these sorts of times as the accuracy of a stopwatch over a 10 second period generates an error that is far smaller than that due to human error or that of the 'speedo'.

My point? No Idea.
Food for thought.

I know it's not a VS but I felt like adding my $0.02 worth :D

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
vs clubby 185i 6.7 to 100. 3inch exhaust,custom chip 15.0 flat 1/4mile 94.8

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
i av a 3.8 and all thats done 2 it is a 2.5 exaust and it ran the mid 7's. done around the same time numerous times, plus its an auto :D UNR8D i dont no were ya gettin 9.2 from, stock vr/vs commies rnt that slow dude!

MY_95_VS

Drifting Champion...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V6
I'd just like to add my 2 cents worth here...

My car is NOT heavily modded...

VS berlina series 1 3.8L auto with 130,000kms on clock... Very Good condition.
Custom CAI, Hiclone, LSD with 3.9 gears, Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust - NO extractors, no spare wheel, back seat taken out of car, half tank of gas...

best time recorded: 15.31 qrtr recorded @ 93mph
@ WSID (western sydney international dragway)
G-Tech's in car recorded time was 15.28 @ 92.5mph Not too much variance there.

My 0-100 time was tested with a correvit (precision measuring device) on a private road which is perfectly level... (an airstrip) and it came up as 6.95 seconds.
On G-tech it was 6.9...

Correvit is about as accurate as it can get for measuring, and the g-tech on both the WSID track and the correvit strap on, was only less than 1% different from the "most" accurate reading...

GO FIGURE???

This testing process has cost me a fair bit of $$$ and also time...

Hope this helps to put some truth to the peoples claims...

My car is far from stock, but still not s/c and it is an Auto transmission with nothing special done to it...

My curb weight (all **** in car and half tank of gas) was 1425kgs...

Last edited:

davewgeorge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
i gave it a few gos today and i got 8 to the 8.5 mark pretty consistantly, and i have CAI, k&n filter and cat back exhaust which i spose is still pretty basic. But i reakon that is realistic..
but 7 seconds stock 6 ?? :rofl: