Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 1995 bonnet opening issue... not a car smart person

homer28b

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive
An easy method (once you open the bonnet as above) is to loosen the single bonnet lock pin as per the pix/link - just undo it one turn.

This worked for me when I got my VR.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
coolngroovy i'm going to try that method simply to center my bonnet, I can never get it perfect, my bonnet opens fine but this thread was a big help cheers.

wowmel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS 1995
My auto electrician put some grease on the spring and nob thing and it seems to open now, what a nice auto electrician! Seeing as i didn't even take it there for him to fix, he did a couple other things too, and he didn't charge heaps woot!

Thanks guys!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
coolngroovy i'm going to try that method simply to center my bonnet, I can never get it perfect, my bonnet opens fine but this thread was a big help cheers.

just be carefull this method can bring on the other dreaded commodore bonnet issue smashed windscreens from the bonnet opening into the screen that sucks real bad i tell you

justin18

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 commodore
help??

hey guys

i have the same problem with my vs commodore the bonnet wont open at all now even when we press in the middle of the bonnet and pull the leaver we even tried everything that is mentioned on here but it still wont open got any ideas??

apowdermonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Coolngroovey,

I was skeptical when I heard this advice [use your palm with an open hand, not a fist]

Sounded like Fonzie hitting the jukebox.......

I worked a treat. Thankyou guru of the bonnet release!

BIG_JV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
just turn the the thing that looks like a spring maybe 1/2-1 full turn. I did it worked fine now for 6 months. They can just get a bit loose sometimes...

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
Or if all this seems to hard for you then you could just leave it? Lol if its not causing a major problem just leave it.
Just make sure when you wana check your oil and water that someone can give you a hand opening the bonnet.

Inittowinit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
This really works I had to do it to my vs today only takes 30 seconds if that